OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Changing name of authors?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Changing name of authors?

Postby tlove » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:45 am

Is there a way to change the names of the authors on a submission?
The submission has been reviewed and I need to change the name of the single author and add a second author.
I can't see anything on the forum about this. Perhaps I'm overlooking something really obvious?
The site is using ocs-2.1.1-2.
Many thanks in advance for advice,
Terry
tlove

Re: Changing name of authors?

Postby RickMath » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 am

There are two ways to change the author information. The conference director can make the change or the author can make the change. Just depends on who is logged in. It seems to work in both the review list or the accepted list.

Where to find the information depends on who is logged in. See below.

If a submission is in review then click on the title. Click on Summary to open the page. Go to EDIT METADATA. There you can add an author and also alter the author order. After the changes, click on SAVE at the bottom.

If a submission has been accepted
For the author to make the change click on ARCHIVES to make the changes.
For the conference director to make the change click on ACCEPTED PAPERS.
In either case the steps above become the same.

I am running v 2.1.2 but I suspect that v 2.1.1.2 should work the same way.
RickMath

Re: Changing name of authors?

Postby tlove » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Many thanks Rick.
Worked a charm.
Cheers,
Terry
tlove

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion