OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

merge registration process into 1 page

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

merge registration process into 1 page

Postby calvin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:26 am

I am new in OCS. I want to modify the registration process from orginal 2 pages into 1 page, ie, first page is to select 'registration type', second page is to input 'special request' and other fields.
Would any one tell me how to mix 2 pages into 1 page for display and input, ie, select 'registration type', input 'special request' and other fields in one page.
It is better to have some sample codes, I used 2 days to modify it but failed. Thanks in advance.

Calvin
calvin

Re: merge registration process into 1 page

Postby TeoricaIIUCM » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 am

Hello Calvin,
i have a very similar problem: i don't know which lines of selectRegistrationType.tpl and userRegistrationForm.tpl modify in order to merge the two steps of the registration process... My first try was to identify the lines that correspond with each formulary and i tried to simply copy-paste the blocks but, unfortunately for me, it's not so easy... Did you find any solution?

As an alternative it would be ok to redistribute the blocks so as in the first step of the registration only the user account formulary appears, and leave the other formularies for the second step. Anyone can guide me in my first steps in OCS?

Thank in advance!
Ricardo.
TeoricaIIUCM

Postby paula » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 am

Hello,

Did you find how to merge the two steps of the registration?

Thanks in advance!
Paula
paula

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi all,

We've discussed this matter internally, and have an idea on some modifications that might suit your needs, but we'd like to get some feedback before we start development. One issue is that depending on which registration type a registrant chooses, the registration options could be different. This is why we have split the registration page into two: the second page (choosing registration options) is informed by the input from the first (choosing registration type). We need to balance wanting to have as few pages as possible with the need for accessibility and clarity.

Could you please comment on how/whether the following added functionality would suffice, and whether you could recommend something else?

1. If there are no configured registration options, keep the registration process to one page (not counting confirmation/sending to Paypal);
2. If there are registration options, have the registration process span two pages: the first to choose registration type and the second to choose registration options.
3. Keep the user apprised to how many steps there are to registration, and which step they are currently on.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby paula » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:16 am

I personally like the idea proposed, in particular keep the user apprised to how many steps there are to registration, and which step they are currently on.
If the registration options are different according to registration type a registrant chooses, it would be useful, at least in my opinion, that we can manage those options without messing up the code ... customize the form.

Thanks!

Regards,
Paula
paula

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion