OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unable to submit editor decision

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unable to submit editor decision

Postby amikeal » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:49 am

I am currently in the process of uploading into a new OJS installation appr. 6 volumes of back issues of our journal (not quite enough to justify hand-creating XML import files), so we want to skip the review process and use the minimum number of steps necessary to publish the content, as described here: viewtopic.php?t=580.

The problem is that the drop-down and button to allow an editor decision are disabled (at the bottom of the Review page), and I can't figure out what step is missing that will enable me to use that form. I understand that I can't move the article into scheduling without this decision, but I don't know why I can't record it.

I am assuming that there is some chained dependency that I am missing, but I've tried going through many other steps, including assignment to a reviewer and the review process, and still I have no luck. I thought I'd ask hre on the forum before I started digging through the code, as I have gotten good response to a previous question.

Thanks,
Adam Mikeal
amikeal

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi Adam,

The usual causes are:
  • There's no review version in place. See the "Designate the original file as the review version" checkbox; however, it sounds like you've gotten beyond this.
  • The article has already been sent to copyediting. Check the Editing page to see whether or not the various editing features are available; if so, the article has already been sent to Copyediting.
If neither of these is the case, check to ensure that you're using the most recent release of OJS 2, which is currently OJS 2.0.2-1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby amikeal » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:27 pm

Yes, it is true that it is already in copyediting - but I can't click the "Send submission to Scheduling" button at the bottom of the "Editing" page (it is disabled).

Is this because I started doing stuff in the "Editing" page before I completed the necessary steps in the "Review" page?

I am using the latest version of OJS, BTW.

--Adam
amikeal

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Adam,

That's odd -- you shouldn't be able to send a submission to copyediting unless an "Accept" decision has been recorded at the end of the Review page; but if the "Send to Scheduling" button is disabled, that implies that the submission wasn't accepted. Were you able to record any decision on the submission? If so, it should be listed at the bottom of the review page.

If no decision is listed, double-check the list of steps required for moving a submission through the system. Aside from a Review version not being designated, another possibility is that no section editor has been designated on the Summary page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Experiencing the same problem

Postby simonk » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Hi Alec,

We're running into the same problem. An article seems to have been sent to copyediting (functions on the Editing tab are available), before being accepted (on at the bottom of the Reviewing tab).

Section Editor is assigned on the summary tab, but this may have been done after the article was sent to copyediting.

Is there a command we can execute at the database level to manually mark this article accepted? That way we can continue the process from copyediting through to publishing.
simonk

Return to OJS Technical Support