OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Default Review Forms

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Default Review Forms

Postby RickMath » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Is there a way to change the default review form to a custom (not sure if that is the right term) so that track directors cannot just let the free form review be assigned.

Even though I instruct my track directors to select a review form, being new to the system they sometimes forget this step. I know I can change it before a reviewer agrees to a review, once the review is in progress the form can't be changed as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your help on this. Maybe an enhancement for version 2.3 of OCS.

As always great job. Go PKP Team!!!!

Rick
RickMath

Re: Default Review Forms

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Rick,

We're too far into testing to add to 2.3, but this does sound like a good idea. I've reported this as a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4869. Please CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby wbt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:21 am

This would be a great feature. I have "solved" this by inserting the line
Code: Select all
TrackDirectorAction::addReviewForm($trackDirectorSubmission, $reviewAssignment->getReviewId(), 1);

at the end of function addReviewer in classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php. This adds the first (in my case only) review form to the reviewer. This is not safe code because it is not checked if such a review form exists, but it may solve your problem in the short run.
wbt

Postby RickMath » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 pm

:D :D

Hey wbt!

Thanks. That works for now. I have two review forms and the first one is the one I wanted to default to. Now I just wish these could be set by track. We have several peer reviewed tracks and one panel track that need another form. If you have any suggestions on how to assign review forms to track I would like to see how to do this.

Great suggestion!!!! I was in a hurry to get some reviews out this afternoon and I forgot to pick the right form myself. Pretty bad for a conference manager. but I got it corrected after seeing your post.

Thanks a bunch :D

Rick
RickMath

Postby wbt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Rick,

RickMath wrote:If you have any suggestions on how to assign review forms to track I would like to see how to do this.

Use this code before the other line:
$paperId = $trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId();
$paperDao = &DaoRegistry::getDAO('PaperDAO');
$paper = &$paperDao->getPaper($paperId);
$trackId = $paper->getTrackId() 

and then instead of the number "1" in the other line, use $trackId instead. This way, the default reviewer form id is the same as the track id of the submission.

Good luck,

Wouter
wbt

Postby RickMath » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Wouter

Thanks for your great suggestions. :D

Let me explain my situation a bit more. I have 10 tracks that use on review form and 1 that uses another one. The first 10 are peer reviewed and the other one simply needs approval by the track director with occasional comments from others.

Might there be a way to structure an if statement to do this? I am a baby just born in understanding php. Don't know the the difference between hot and cold yet. I could do this in basic or fortran or visual basic. I would do it by the following.

If trackID = 1 then FormID = 1
If trackID = 2 then FormID = 1
if trackID = 3 then FormID = 1
if trackID = 5 then FormID = 1
else FormID = 2

I am just not sure how to write this in php. I could take a guess but I am still dependent on my pacifier.

The alternative is to make up 11 review forms, ten of which would be the same, and one different.

Right now your first suggestion is working fine except for the one different track.

It would be a nice enhancement in OCS if one could assign forms to tracks.

Thanks again for your posts. They are VERY helpful.

Rick
RickMath

Postby wbt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:36 am

Hi Rick,

PHP is not that different from those other programming languages. I think you need something like
if ($trackId == 7) $formId = 2;
else $formId = 1; 

assuming that no. 7 is the "odd track out". Then use $formId instead of the number 1.

Good luck,

Wouter
wbt

Postby RickMath » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Wouter

I was just reviewing my posts and changes to OCS. Sorry to not respond way back to your suggestions.

They worked. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Rick
RickMath

Postby btcharpied » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Apologies for reviving a dead topic, but I can't get the fix (above) to show my custom form as default. Can you show me where in the 'function addReviewer' this goes? I only have one custom review that I want set as default.

function addReviewer($trackDirectorSubmission, $reviewerId, $stage) {
      $trackDirectorSubmissionDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO');
      $reviewAssignmentDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('ReviewAssignmentDAO');
      $userDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('UserDAO');
      $user =& Request::getUser();

$reviewer =& $userDao->getUser($reviewerId);

// Check to see if the requested reviewer is not already
      // assigned to review this paper.
      if ($stage == null) {
         $stage = $trackDirectorSubmission->getCurrentStage();
      }

$assigned = $trackDirectorSubmissionDao->reviewerExists($trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), $reviewerId, $stage);

// Only add the reviewer if he has not already
      // been assigned to review this paper.
      if (!$assigned && isset($reviewer) && !HookRegistry::call('TrackDirectorAction::addReviewer', array(&$trackDirectorSubmission, $reviewerId))) {
         $reviewAssignment = new ReviewAssignment();
         $reviewAssignment->setReviewerId($reviewerId);
         $reviewAssignment->setDateAssigned(Core::getCurrentDate());
         $reviewAssignment->setStage($stage);

// Assign review form automatically if needed
         $schedConfId = $trackDirectorSubmission->getSchedConfId();
         $schedConfDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('SchedConfDAO');
         $schedConf =& $schedConfDao->getSchedConf($schedConfId);
         $conferenceId = $schedConf->getConferenceId();
         $trackDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('TrackDAO');
         $reviewFormDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('ReviewFormDAO');

$trackId = $trackDirectorSubmission->getTrackId();
         $track =& $trackDao->getTrack($trackId, $conferenceId);
         if ($track && ($reviewFormId = (int) $track->getReviewFormId())) {
            if ($reviewFormDao->reviewFormExists($reviewFormId, ASSOC_TYPE_CONFERENCE, $conferenceId)) {
               $reviewAssignment->setReviewFormId($reviewFormId);
            }
         }

$trackDirectorSubmission->addReviewAssignment($reviewAssignment);
         $trackDirectorSubmissionDao->updateTrackDirectorSubmission($trackDirectorSubmission);

$reviewAssignment = $reviewAssignmentDao->getReviewAssignment($trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), $reviewerId, $stage);

$schedConf =& Request::getSchedConf();
         if ($schedConf->getSetting('reviewDeadlineType') != null) {
            if ($schedConf->getSetting('reviewDeadlineType') == REVIEW_DEADLINE_TYPE_ABSOLUTE) {
               TrackDirectorAction::setDueDate($trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), $reviewAssignment->getId(), $schedConf->getSetting('numWeeksPerReviewAbsolute'), null, false);
            } elseif ($schedConf->getSetting('reviewDeadlineType') == REVIEW_DEADLINE_TYPE_RELATIVE) {
               TrackDirectorAction::setDueDate($trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), $reviewAssignment->getId(), null, $schedConf->getSetting('numWeeksPerReviewRelative'), false);
            }
         }
         // Add log
         import('paper.log.PaperLog');
         import('paper.log.PaperEventLogEntry');
         PaperLog::logEvent($trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), PAPER_LOG_REVIEW_ASSIGN, LOG_TYPE_REVIEW, $reviewAssignment->getId(), 'log.review.reviewerAssigned', array('reviewerName' => $reviewer->getFullName(), 'paperId' => $trackDirectorSubmission->getPaperId(), 'stage' => $stage));
      }
   }

Much appreciated.
btcharpied

Postby btcharpied » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Apologies for bumping this, but might someone be able to guide me on how to change the default review form - whether via the code above or otherwise?

Best,

-Brandon
btcharpied

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Brandon,

Just catching up on a few things here -- I'm guessing you are the same Brandon I've responded to via email about this problem, correct? If not, or if others are curious: you should be able to select a default review form for each conference track by editing your respective tracks from the Conference Tracks link on your conference management page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby btcharpied » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi James,

Yes, one in the same. And I so greatly appreciate the support you give.

I'm sure most everyone has found the answer to this problem as it ended up being right there in front of me after you pointed it out, but I somehow overlooked it.

I look forward to getting those remaining tasks to you that we spoke of sometime next week.

Best,

-Brandon
btcharpied

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion