OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki



item urls changing

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

item urls changing

Postby davidfkane » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:26 am

Hi All,

I have a problem, which is probably me doing something wrong...

I have noticed that some of the item urls have changed. This is a pain because it screws up any indexing done by Google or other search engines. Here is an example of how one of the records has changed...

http://researchscope.net/index.php/record/view/32505
has changed to
http://researchscope.net/index.php/record/view/40329

there are about 18,000 records in our harvester.

I am running this cron job for each archive to update weekly.

Code: Select all
php /var/www/harvester/tools/harvest.php 11 flush verbose last


Thanks in advance

David Kane
Waterford Institute of Technology Libraries
davidfkane
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:41 am

Re: item urls changing

Postby davidfkane » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:01 am

The take home message here is, I have found, not to 'flush' the pre-existing records. The database will re-insert the records with a higher number. The field auto-increments the number for each fresh record number.

Better to use
Code: Select all
php tools/harvest.php all from=last


... as so many have suggested on this forum.
:wink:
davidfkane
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:41 am


Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest