OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

how often is the metadata harvest in the OJS HARVESTER?

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

how often is the metadata harvest in the OJS HARVESTER?

Postby 2261422 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:26 am

hello, my question is simple, somebody know how often is the metadata harvest in the OJS HARVESTER?...because I index a journal in the OJS harvester and after I changed its name ; but in the harvester appear both of the journals....thanks for your attention...
and forgive my bad english :lol:

Re: how often is the metadata harvest in the OJS HARVESTER?

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 am

Hi 2261422,

The harvester is intended for use only as a demonstration, so it shouldn't be depended upon as anything more. Unwanted archives must be deleted manually. What is the URL to the duplicate archive in the harvester?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby 2261422 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:23 pm

first that all, there is a non demo harvester version? and for the second situation I dont have the duplicate journal's URL in particular, only the URL of the journal that I dont want to take off from the harvester....
can you help me with the manual delet only with the url of the journal that I want to keep and the duplicate names?
If you can, there are the information that I told you above:

http://aprendeenlinea.udea.edu.co/revis ... page=index (and the name of harvest journal that I wanna keep is Mutatis Mutandis)

and the duplicate names are:

mutatis2, mutatis1, Mutatis mutandis

Postby asmecher » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 am

Hi 2261422,

Ah, I thought you were using our demonstration harvester at http://harvesters.sfu.ca/demo. Do you manage the installation of the harvester that your data is in? If so, you can delete the unwanted archive through the administration interface. If not, you'll need to ask them to delete the archive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby 2261422 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am

Yes I do, but how can I install a non demo version? and I manage the installation of the harvester but I'm new in that, can you tell me where exactly I must go to erace this journals manualy?

I'm so glad for your help, thanks

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:34 am

Hi 2261422,

By "demo", I meant our own installation of the Harvester. If you've got an installation, it's not a demo. To administer your installation, go to the administration URL -- e.g. if your installation is http://www.my-server-name.com/index.php, go to http://www.my-server-name.com/index.php/admin. You should be able to add and delete archives there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby 2261422 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:21 pm

the situation is that I put the journal's url and the oai url of one journal and put the name of other journal in the harvester's metadata and now I want to change that but I don't know how to do that, can you help me??

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development