OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

request for very important tutorials

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

request for very important tutorials

Postby himanshu18in » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 am

Sir,
The article is generally submitted as simple word file (double space, continuous text etc), but the article pdf is designed in a special manner for a professsional look.Please tell me the stepwise process to convert simple double space microsoft word file to article type (double column, single space) pdf file. Please tell me some easy to use softwares for this.
I will be very thankful to you. Also tell me some good website etc to design official logo for journal and to upload to OJS.

Atlast, please tell me the process to index journal in pubmed. We have articles in pdf on OJS, now how we should proceed to index it in pubmed? a stepwise guide.

It will be beneficial to all users of OJS. if some one indexed their OJS journal in pubmed then please tell the process stepwise.

Regards
Himanshu
himanshu18in

Re: request for very important tutorials

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi Himanshu,

The following PDF has a lot of information on getting indexed (among other things): http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/GettingFoundStayingFound.pdf. It includes information on getting indexed by Pubmed. I would also recommend you look at the Pubmed website for more information.

Regarding the creation of PDFs and images: there are thousands of ways to accomplish both tasks, and hundreds of applications out there, including several free and/or open source options. I'd suggest searching the internet for relevant applications.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby himanshu18in » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks sir. I searched the net but not able to get an easy software for making article pdf (article style), thats why I asked for some software names. sir, I tried to install OJS 2.3.0 on znet india. but when I try to start the install... through index.php. it do not start and showed a blank page.
whereas I am successful in setting up OJS 2.2.3. what can be the error?
himanshu18in

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Himanshu,

I don't know what the error could be, and we have pointed out before what to do if you get a blank page. Again, go back to the FAQ, and take a careful look there. If you can't find an error happening in the background, I would suggest staying with OJS 2.2.3 for the time being.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby himanshu18in » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm

ok sir.
Thanks
himanshu18in

Return to General Discussion