OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

redirect to homepage form search results

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

redirect to homepage form search results

Postby Krekels » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:02 am

Hello,

We have a delayed open access journal based on subscriptions. Now, when I search articles i get results including the articles for subcribers only. When i click on the PDF-link for htese articles I am redirected to the homepage. In the Toc for the same issue the PDF-link is omitted. Is there a better way to avoid this somewhat crude redirecting?

See: http://library.wur.nl/ojs/index.php/njas and search for "pest" the first two results are subscription only pdf's.

Kind Regards,

Hubert Krekels
Krekels

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Hubert,

This looks like a bug -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1985 for more information and a patch that should correct it. Let me know if this doesn't correct the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

bugfix

Postby Krekels » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:51 am

Hi alec,

The bugfix seems to repair part of the problem, it now redirects to the issue TOC. But still in the results page for subscribed articles the PDF link is visible.

Kind regards,

Hubert
Krekels

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Hmm. Try applying the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=50 and see if that does the trick.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

subscribed articles showing in search results

Postby Krekels » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:29 am

Hi Alec,

It works. We first copied one bracket } too much form your code, so the fix should be as follows:

Code: Select all
--- classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php-old   2006-01-09 14:57:51.000000000 -0800
+++ classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php   2006-01-09 14:58:19.000000000 -0800
@@ -256,7 +256,7 @@
                $issue = &$issueDao->getIssueById($issueId);
                $issueCache[$issueId] = &$issue;
                import('issue.IssueAction');
-               $issueAvailabilityCache[$issueId] = !IssueAction::subscriptionRequired($issue) || !IssueAction::subscribedUser();
+               $issueAvailabilityCache[$issueId] = !IssueAction::subscriptionRequired($issue) || IssueAction::subscribedUser() || IssueAction::subscribedDomain();             // Get the journal, storing in cache if necessary.

Kind Regards,

Hubert
Krekels

Return to OJS Technical Support