OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer Index Plugin

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Reviewer Index Plugin

Postby msaghaei » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:31 am

This plugin compiles a list of reviewers who have completed at least one review for the journal since [YYYY] [MM] [DD]. This list may be used with some layout modification for publication in the last (or first) issue of each volume, as a way to acknowledge reviewers.

This plugin has a setting interface to select display fields, sort orders, the start and the end dates for the duration you like to have the report. These setting will be saved and a link will be appended to About page in Other section, which will publicly display the reviewer index based on your saved settings.

Download the compressed file, extract it and place it in the generic subfolder of plugin directory.

Author: Mahmoud Saghaei
Software: OJS
Versions: 2.1+
Multilingual: yes
Attachments
reviewerIndex.tar.gz
(7.25 KiB) Downloaded 712 times
msaghaei

Re: Reviewer Index Plugin

Postby sjones » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm eternally grateful for this, it does everything that I need and has saved me countless, and I mean countless, hours of trying to puzzle through figuring out how to write it, hours I wouldn't have had for some time yet to come. Thank you very, very much for writing this and sharing it.
sjones

Postby hventer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 am

Good Day

I have downloaded and installed this Reviewer Index plugin.

It appears to be fine when going through the settings of the plugin.

The part where it is suppose to list this report under the "ABOUT" page is not working? It's not even there?

Thanks
hventer

Postby msaghaei » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:31 am

Hi hventer

It should appear in the last section in the about page at the end of the page, under the heading 'Other'.

You may try by typing the url into your address bar as:

Code: Select all
http://............/index.php/journal_path/about/reviewerIndex
msaghaei

Postby hventer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 am

Hi

I have tried the link and it just stays on the ABOUT page with nothing extra under OTHER heading?

Is there anything else I need to do except extracting the plugin under plugins?

I did save the report I want to see in the plugin settings?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
hventer

Postby msaghaei » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi

I am not sure why this happens. Which version of ojs are you using? The only thing I can imagine is that the plugin has been accidentally disabled.
Also you may already have another plugin with a callback registered on the 'Templates::About::Index::Other' hook. Normally if these plugins return false they should live side by side. But unfortunately this is not true (at least in the case of Template hooks). That is only one registered callback for a certain Template hook will apply irrespective of the return value. I am not sure which other plugin in the ojs or among the gallery has 'Templates::About::Index::Other' as a hook.
If this is the case it is possible to solve the problem by using another hook for callback function in this plugin. That is
Change the line 50 which is:
            HookRegistry::register('Templates::About::Index::Other',
               array(&$this, 'callback'));

to

HookRegistry::register('Templates::About::Index::People',
               array(&$this, 'callback'));

This way the link will appear at the end of the People section in the about page.
msaghaei

Postby hventer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi

Thank you for your help!

I have made the changes and still doesn't seem to work?

Version: 2.2.2.0

Kind Regards
hventer

Postby marlonvanderlinde » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:14 am

I am getting the following error on all ojs domains with this plugin installed, when clicking on the ReviewerIndex report link:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ReviewerIndexPlugin::display() in /usr/www/users/xxxxxx/pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php on line 151

Anyone else encountered this?
Regards
marlonvanderlinde

Postby marlonvanderlinde » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 am

I did some more work around the error in my previous reply.
The error referring to an undefined function is actually quite what you would expect.
OJS's handler _expects_ a function named display() when called, based on the path in the $plugin object.

:~/public_html/plugins/reports$ grep -ri "function display" *
articles/ArticleReportPlugin.inc.php: function display(&$args) {
views/ViewReportPlugin.inc.php: function display(&$args) {

As you can see, all plugins do possess that, while reviewersindex does NOT, hence the failure when a call is made to $plugin->display() from the handler.

If I am on crack, please do point it out, but my logic prevents me from looking any further, because the handler is trying to call a method that just does not exist.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with some ideas, although I expect this plugin is just broken 8)
marlonvanderlinde

Postby msaghaei » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi marlonvanderlinde

only classes inherit from Form has display method and since these classes inherit from Form class they have the display method by inheritance. so no need to define a display method for inherited class except when you want to override the parent class method. I am not sure why your getting this error message. Actually ReviewerIndexPlugin does not need a display method. I tested the plugin in a fresh install of ojs 2.2.2 without any error. This error occurs in the last line of report function in the file pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php.
   function report($args) {
      parent::validate();

$journal =& Request::getJournal();

$pluginName = array_shift($args);
      $reportPlugins =& PluginRegistry::loadCategory('reports');

if ($pluginName == '' || !isset($reportPlugins[$pluginName])) {
         Request::redirect(null, null, 'statistics');
      }

$plugin =& $reportPlugins[$pluginName];
      $plugin->display($args);
   }

This function has been removed in the latest stable version of ojs (i.e. ojs 2.2.3). So it is quite possible you do not receive this error after upgrade.

Thank you
Mahmoud
msaghaei

Postby smiri » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm getting the exact same errors as marlonvanderlinde.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method ReviewerIndexPlugin::display() in /path/to/ojs/pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php on line 151, referer: http://[ojs-url]/manager/statistics

I'm using OJS 2.2.3, and the call to display function is inside the plugin, so if it's been removed from OJs 2.2.3 and on, then perhaps it should be removed from the plugin as well, no???

is there a newer version of this plugin out there?
smiri

Postby sjones » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

It seems to work fine for me in 2.2.4.0.
sjones

Postby msaghaei » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 am

Hi smiri

This is a bizarre behaviour bug. I tried several times to reproduce this error, but nothing happened. I used the same version (ojs-2.2.3). The version of StatisticsHandler.inc.php was 1.21.2.1 , and the line 151 is

$plugin->display($args);

which most likely means the same version as you has reported.
Also I tried some combinations of stats and report function with this plugin. In any case no error occurred.

Anyhow there may be some incompatibility issue with Statistics Report function under certain conditions, which I am not sure of, unless you provide information on the exact steps at which this error occurs. This line indicate it is something related to stat and report function.

Thnak you
Mahmoud
msaghaei

Postby smiri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi Mahmoud,

Actually, when I click on "System Plugins" -> "Reports" -> "Reviewer Index" -> "Settings", every thing works and I can run the report.

The problem occurs when I go to Stats and Reports page and click on the "Reveiwer Index" link. Does that link work for you?

Thanks
smiri

Postby sjones » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 pm

I actually don't see a Reviewer Index link on the Stats and Reports page.
sjones

Next

Return to Plugin Gallery