OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Removing document properties from submited papers.

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Removing document properties from submited papers.

Postby RickMath » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:33 pm

As you can suspect college faculty are not good at good at following instructions. Sometimes it is easier to do it for them than to spend time with countless communications to fix submissions. We are using a protocol similar to OJS for making submissions blind for review. I could go further but I will get to the point.

Can a conference director modify the properties in a submission and save them. I have tried to do this by opening the submitted document and changing the Microsoft Word properties but when I try to save the document I get a permissions error and the changes are cannot be saved.

This may be a naive question or maybe not possible. I would like to hear from any one on if this is possible.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Re: Removing document properties from submited papers.

Postby RickMath » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:29 pm

I finally found a solution. It is in the Conference Help documentation under peer review. You can as a conference director or track director download the sumission document to a local directory. Then make the changes and upload the review version. The new review version is what reviewers will see.

Using OCS is a wonderful learning experience once you begin to discover where to look.

Thanks to the PKP for a great system. I learn how to work with it better and better eash day.

Rick :D
RickMath

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion