OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editor assignment do not work

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editor assignment do not work

Postby msaghaei » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:11 pm

I've installed OJS 2.0.2.1 succesfully on localhost under Linux Fedora Core 3, using PHP 5.0.4, mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11 for redhat-linux-gnu and Apache 2.0.54. I submitted an article as an author and then I logged in as editor to assign submision, but clicking the article title link did not bring the Summary page. Indeed no action took place (even no error message). error_reporting setting in php.ini = E_ALL. I tryed several times with multiple clicks but the problem did not resolve. I had not this problem with ojs 2.0 with the same system as above. Do you think this is due to installation on localhost? Please advice me.
msaghaei

Postby asmecher » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:37 pm

Hello msaghaei,

Have you checked to ensure that you aren't hitting the PHP memory limit? Check your php.ini configuration file and ensure that memory_limit is set to at least 12M. Often this will cause PHP to terminate a script without a visible error message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby msaghaei » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:38 am

:D Thank you very much for your constructive advice. I set the limmit to 20M, and after rebooting the system, ojs worked properly.
However I want to ask is it possible (or rather rational) to modify the ojs system in a way to set the necessary php.ini file configuration automaticly or in an interactive way during installation.

msaghaei
msaghaei

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:40 pm

Hello msaghaei,

There's already a series of checks to ensure that the file permissions are properly set prior to installation; it might be worthwhile to add a few additional checks, i.e. memory limits, and warn the user in situations where they aren't appropriate. Unfortunately, there's no good way to change these settings automatically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support