OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

can not install OJS on my server

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

can not install OJS on my server

Postby vaibhav » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:32 am

Hi I am trying to install OJs on remote server .
http://www.lotuscraft.com/ojs/index.php
I have created sub directory(OJS) in my server where all the files are kept. my site http://www.lotuscraft.com is alreday working with php ,mysql & apache. I want to install Ojs first under this hosting plane to test. I am planning to take later uRl for Ojs.
But i can not install OJS.It gives me error "Page not found".
I see that sometimes it redirects to http://www.lotuscraft.com/ojs/index.php/ojs/install.

Please help me configure this correctly
thanks
vaibhav

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:06 am

Hello vaibhav,

When you first run OJS, it should redirect to the .../index.php/index/install, which is the installation form; If you're getting "page not found" errors at this point, it's almost certainly a server configuration problem resulting in the PATH_INFO CGI variable not being properly handled. See docs/FAQ for more information; see also the following threads on this forum:See also the following configuration information:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

no acess to server

Postby vaibhav » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:09 am

Hi Alec, thanks

i am hosting on godaddy remote server. I have no access to configuration of the server. So how can i change all these parameters?
My privious site in php working fine on that server.
Is there any changes can be done in the installation files?

thanks
vaibhav

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:13 am

Hi Vaibhav,

There was another thread about the same problem with Godaddy hosting; the poster didn't follow-up with a solution, so I'm not sure if the problem was resolved.

If you could post the results of a <? phpinfo() ?> call here (or email it to us at pkp-support@sfu.ca) I can look into this further.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

required info

Postby vaibhav » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:44 am

hi Alec Smecher

You can find all php info on
http://www.lotuscraft.com/info.php

I have created this link for you.

let me know what can be done.

vaibhav
vaibhav

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:04 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, it looks as though the server has a poorly configured CGI link to PHP. If you can change this (i.e. if you're administering your own server), I'd suggest using PHP as a module or as CGI using the mod_actions module; either of these configurations support the required PATH_INFO variable.

If you can't administer the server or don't want to change the CGI configuration, you have two options: either host the script somewhere else, or wait until the end of January. We'll be releasing OJS 2.1 with a configuration option that avoids the PATH_INFO problem, although the URLs will be uglier.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support