OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cannot View/Edit Registrants List

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Cannot View/Edit Registrants List

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:31 pm

Just about everything seems to be working on my install of OCS, except when I try to view the Registrants List, I get logged out. Then I enter my admin password, it takes me to the main Conf management page. Repeat loop.

Registration works, e-mail notification works, just can't get at or edit the database!

Any ideas why this might be happening and how I can fix it?

All help would be much appreciated!

Chris
ChrisB

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Hi Chris,

Try the fix suggested in the following thread: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:31 pm

[quote="asmecher"]Hi Chris,

Try the fix suggested in the following thread: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119

Hi Alec,

Tried that page refresh code add-on to cookie.include.php but no joy. OCS does not seems to be setting a cookie. At least not with Safari as a browser. My server is a fairly standard Linux/Apache setup, just about everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

Chris
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:40 pm

Just wondering if this is happening because I'm running PHP as CGI rather than an Apache module?
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:04 pm

The 'commenting out' trick worked. :D
ChrisB

Postby greg » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:49 am

I have a very similar problem to the one discussed in this thread, only it's happening to reviewers when they try to log in to review papers. They can log in and see the list of proposals assigned to them, but when they click on a proposal it takes them right back to the login screen.

I've tried the fixes suggested in this and other threads without any luck. I modified the include/cookie.inc.php in the same way that other people modified admin/include/cookie.inc.php and it still didn't work. Could the problem be in the reviews.php file itself?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Greg
greg

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Greg,

This is almost certainly a cookie problem; check to see if the user has cookies enabled on their browser. Can you reproduce the problem on your own machine?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby greg » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:34 am

I originally noticed the problem on my own machine, and I have my browser set to accept all cookies.

I agree that the problem is cookie-related, but it seems that the system is not creating a cookie as it should. I just cleared all the cookies in my browser and tried to log in as a reviewer. I looked in the cookie log, and there were no new cookies. What could prevent the system from creating a new cookie?

Thanks,

Greg
greg

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:19 am

Hi Greg,

The current release of OCS has been stable for so long that I don't think we're talking about a bug in the login process... Could the problem be due to one of the following?
  • Firewall / security package blocking the cookie on your desktop
  • Browser configuration on your desktop (i.e. try another browser)
  • Your modifications to include/cookie.inc.php causing a problem (try using the original and merging your changes in one at a time; additionally, check your server log)
If none of these are helping, feel free to contact me via email at pkp-support@sfu.ca with specific details for your installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support