OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with "include"

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problems with "include"

Postby Bacarozzo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:02 am

In the review page i got these errors:

Code: Select all
Warning: main(include/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 27

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'include/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 27

Warning: main(include/common.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 28

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'include/common.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 28

Warning: rst_get_metadata(include/defaults.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 66

Warning: rst_get_metadata(): Failed opening 'include/defaults.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\config.inc.php on line 66

Warning: rst_display(rst/modules/Generic/rst.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\rst.inc.php on line 64

Warning: rst_display(): Failed opening 'rst/modules/Generic/rst.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\rst.inc.php on line 64

Warning: rst_display(rst/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\rst.inc.php on line 68

Warning: rst_display(): Failed opening 'rst/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:c:\wamp\www\ocs\include:.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\wamp\www\ocs\rst\rst.inc.php on line 68

i got this include error in other files too, but i edited them and all the warning disappered. In this case it seems that they don't want to go away.
It could be due to a trasfer of the ocs system from another system where it was configured previously???
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :oops:
Bacarozzo

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:13 am

Hello Bocarozzo,

It looks like your server is having trouble with its include path. Since you're on a Windows server, I expect that at least part of the problem is with the path separator: *nix uses colons, and Windows uses semicolons.

First, I'd suggest undoing your changes -- if you're trying to debug OCS and your changes at the same time, it might be tough to pin the problem down. (This is particularly true if you've removed include statements.)

Assuming you're using OCS 1.1.5, change the following:

include/common.inc.php: Change
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ":" . ini_get("include_path"));

to
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ";" . ini_get("include_path"));

include/db.inc.php: Change
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ":" . ini_get("include_path"));

to
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ";" . ini_get("include_path"));

Please post here to let us know if the changes were effective.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Bacarozzo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:14 am

:D :D :D :D :D
You saved me!!!!!!!
My Professor could kill me, but You saved me!

Ok, now another question.

This is technical and not inherent to OCS.
During the installation process i must insert the web url of the conference.
Well, i leave localhost/conferencename
Now, the real site is another, obviously, i must rerun teh install script to change it??? :?
Bacarozzo

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:15 am

Hi Bararozzo,

Glad to hear it worked!

You can update your base URL in MySQL as follows. Unfortunately, I don't believe this field is available for modification in the UI.

To get the current base URL:
SELECT baseurl FROM conference_global;

To set it to a new value:
UPDATE conference_global SET baseurl = 'new value here';

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Bacarozzo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:29 am

it's late today, i'll try tomorrow! anyway i got the last question.
I'm a newbie, as You seen :oops: , so, if the question could be too stupid forgive me.
I got this error:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@yyy.it in c:\wamp\www\lmcs06\addcomment.php on line 101

Obviously, i set the "xxx" and "yyy" value to hide the mail address that was CORRECT.
Now, the problem is that i need a service to send email with apache right???
Which is the best??
What should i do to configure properly the php.ini for this purpose??
Thank You in advance.
Regard
BACA

PS: Java programming i miss You :roll: Sigh!

EDIT: PS: i didn't rember to say my software configuration.
I got Wampserver (Complete) package with MySQL, Apache and php with the PHP4 plugin (for use with Your product) and OCS 1.1.5, as You figured.
Hope this help much more. Thanks again!
Bacarozzo

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:47 am

Hi Bacarozzo,

Have a look at http://ca.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php -- there's a section called "Runtime Configuration" that describes the relevant php configuration directives. The only one you should need to set is the SMTP server name (the directive is named "SMTP").

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Bacarozzo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:15 pm

Still thanks !!! indeed, into the department nobody helped me, nobody has made me tutoring, nobody has listened to me about this work that is my stage too. I should have a tutor, in specific my university professor of algorithms, but i'm alone :( . Therefore I want to thank You why You has been my tutor and it is thanks to You if i can go ahead.
Still thanks.
Tomorrow i'll tryout all and i'll post all the behaviors i'll get.
Thanks!!!!!!!

PS: For Site url modification, i want only know if it's safe to modify an url after the setup is done. I can change the value of the record via PHPmyadmin: it's the easiest way i know. Time to bed for me it's tooo late!
Regards
BACA
Bacarozzo

Postby Bacarozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:48 am

Hello Sir,
everything work properly!
I want to thank You again.
Now i got a problem.
My prof. want to install ocs on a iis server.
now, i ran the install and i got something like:

"You must edit db.inc.php and insert the subsequent code if you
want that this script will create the db"

if i make the substitution of the code, all should work???
Thax in advance!
BACA
Bacarozzo

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:30 am

Hello Bacarozzo,

OCS hasn't been tested on IIS, but it should work -- could you post some details on the error message you encountered (changing names/passwords/hostnames of course)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Bacarozzo » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:59 pm

Hello Mr Mecher,
as i red in Your forum, ocs WORKS on IIS servers.
This "error" as we can name it, came out when i created the database
(in step 2 of install.php). I didn't get the text listed there.
As i said, it reported that i have to change ALL the rows of the php file "db.inc.php" in the subfolder "include", with the rows contained below, in the same page that gave me this advice, 'cos, if i didn't do that i probably couldn't get the database created.
After the first time i get that strange page i couldn't see it again in the subsequent times i restarted tha install script.
I don't know much more for now, hope this help.
Anyway i didn't faced with other strange behavior reported in the forum.
Life is incredible :D
Thanx in advance.
BACA
Bacarozzo

Postby Bacarozzo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:50 am

Hello Sir,
the system *seems* to work properly, i edited the setadmincookie as i red in another topic and i got admin section to work.
It give me a warning when i entering the admin section but after that all works. I try a lot f things!
Now i got some question releated to OCS functionality.
I have a list of invited speakers. When You add speakers to the system their papers are accepted without review.
There is a mood to oblige the system to non accept papers automatically???
Thanks
BACA
Bacarozzo

Postby John » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:54 pm

Bocarozzo,
If papers are "invited" for a conference, then that normally means that the presenter is accepted in advance, and without review. That is why OCS accepts them automatically. If you do not want to accept them in this way, then enter them as if they were regular papers submitted to the conference, and then they will need approval.
John

Postby Bacarozzo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:07 pm

OK, i understand...i was able finally to catch the warn i get every time i log in the admin section.
Simply, when i insert the user and pw and click login i got this:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\app\lmcs06\admin\include\cookie.inc.php:64) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\app\lmcs06\admin\index.php on line 47

then i'm redirected to the index2.php.

As i said i didn't get problem with system administration, i'm only curious if it can have some kind of trouble effect.

Thanks to all, and if i don't post another message tomorrow, MERRY XMAS
to everyone! :D
Bacarozzo

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi Bacarozzo,

HTTP responses from a server consist of headers (e.g. server information, cookies, etc) followed by the actual content of the response; you'll get this kind of warning message if the PHP script tries to send a header once the body of the response has already started.

The cookie.inc.php script shouldn't be generating any non-header output; check line 64 to see what's causing the complaint. (Often you'll get this message as the final error of a list of errors; in this case, it means you have to deal with the other errors.)

Regards & happy holidays!
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Bacarozzo » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:11 am

Hello!!!
I'll try to control the row of the file that get me the error...now i'm away from the university so it is impossibile for me to do nothing on the code.
I can, at least, try some modification on a "testbed" version on my laptop anyway!!! :D
I got a question referred to this.
I want to change a theme so that it become a variable width theme.
can i do this??? need i to make a lot of change in the code??
If You can't help me (for time reason or others) give me at least a link to a tutorial, becouse i searched the web but i didn't get anything really useful!
Thanks in advance
BACA

PS: best wishes for an happy new year to all the staff, especially You, Mr. Smecher.
Bacarozzo

Next

Return to OCS Technical Support