OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB Error: Unknown column 'cost' in 'field list'

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

DB Error: Unknown column 'cost' in 'field list'

Postby ppound » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Just did a fresh install of ocs 2.1.2. install went without any errors. When I try to add a registration type I get the error above. I checked the registration_types table and there is no column for cost but there is a reference to the column cost in the registrationTypeDAO member function insertRegistrationType. If I manually create the column cost it seems to work.

Thinking the below from ocs_schema.xml should have an entry for the cost
<!--
* TABLE registration_types
-->
<table name="registration_types">
<field name="type_id" type="I8">
<KEY />
<AUTOINCREMENT />
</field>
<field name="sched_conf_id" type="I8">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<field name="code" type="C2" size="80" />
<field name="currency_code_alpha" type="C2" size="3">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<field name="opening_date" type="D"/>
<field name="closing_date" type="T">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<field name="expiry_date" type="T" />
<field name="access" type="I2">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<field name="institutional" type="I1">
<NOTNULL/>
<DEFAULT VALUE="0"/>
</field>
<field name="membership" type="I1">
<NOTNULL/>
<DEFAULT VALUE="0"/>
</field>
<field name="pub" type="I1">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<field name="seq" type="F">
<NOTNULL/>
</field>
<descr>Registration types.</descr>
</table>
ppound

Re: DB Error: Unknown column 'cost' in 'field list'

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi ppound,

This was just noticed and registered as a bug today -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4494. Please CC yourself to that report, as we should have a fix out fairly soon.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ppound » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Should the OCS download be updated with the patch for this bug. If someone upgrades using the downloaded tar without the patch all the current registrations prices are going to be set to zero. Unless they know about the patch before hand.
ppound

Postby mj » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi ppound,

Just to let you (and everyone else) know -- this issue has been fixed in the latest release of OCS (2.1.2-1), so anyone who downloads (or upgrades) to that version will have this fix included, and there shouldn't be any data loss.

MJ
mj
Site Admin

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion