OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Install on a remote Web hosting package

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Install on a remote Web hosting package

Postby dzuong » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:38 pm

I would like to installed OJS on a web hosting package. In this case I cannot follow the installation guide because I cannot access to the server as an administrator. I have only right to access my control panel.

I have tried several time but still failed. Why can't OJS installation be as intitutive as such open source software as Joomla, Mambo, or PHPMyLibrary? I have used these softwares and find it easy to install.

Can you help me with this issue?
đồ lót mỹ phẩm mỹ phẩm nam nước hoa đồ lót nam áo lót nam quần lót nam đồ lót nữ bộ đồ lót nữ áo lót nữ quần lót nữ đồ ngủ đồ lót sexy áo lót sexy quần lót sexy đồ ngủ sexy đồ lót cao cấp
Last edited by dzuong on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dzuong

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:27 pm

Hello dzuong,

You should be able to install OJS without administrator access to the server. If your host won't let you SSH to the server, find an FTP client that supports recursive uploads (i.e. you can upload a directory and all of its contents, including subdirectories). Once this is done, the only tricky part may be setting file permissions according to the instructions in the README file -- you should also be able to do this via FTP. Everything else can be accomplished over the web.

If you're stuck at a particular stage of the installation, post some details here and I can provide some advice. (If you want to supply specific details like your hostname, please contact the team at pkp-support@sfu.ca rather than posting here.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Cannot login

Postby dzuong » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Hello Alec,

I have successfully installed OJS but I cannot log into the system. I don't know why. I have checked the database, the admin user exist but I cannot do anything. Can you lend me a hand, Alec. Details are still the same and you know where database info is, right?

Also, there is no warning of deleting the installation path. I think security may not be protected.

Thanks
dzuong

Re: Install on a remote Web hosting package

Postby adelmastro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

Hello, I have a similar problem. I would like to installed OJS on a web hosting package. I cannot access to the server as an administrator. I have only right to access my control panel.
I have tried several time but still failed.
Can someone help me?
adelmastro

Return to OJS Technical Support