OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Use of Files Browser

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Use of Files Browser

Postby enwmunson » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:23 am

Hello! I'm helping a client tweak the appearance of their journal in OJS to look like their original website, mainly by using CSS. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the various image files that they have on their site (sponsor logos, little icons, etc.). It seems that there are limited places to upload images in the Setup section of the Journal Manager, so I was experimenting with storing images in Files Browser and using the OJS url to generate the background image in CSS. As far as I can tell, though, Files Browser files only display if the user is logged in--is this correct? Is there a way to get around this, or a better way to approach it?

Thanks!
~Liz
enwmunson

Re: Use of Files Browser

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi Liz,

If the images are already available on their main website, you can just link to them as is by pointing to the full image URL. If you need to do some resizing etc., and also want to allow for the client to easily upload new images via the Files Browser, see the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3980&start=0

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Use of Files Browser

Postby enwmunson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:01 am

Thank you, James!
enwmunson

Return to General Discussion