OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Suggestion for newer version

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Suggestion for newer version

Postby kris » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:32 am

I just thought I'd throw a suggestion into the ring. I'd love to see some sort of author/editor backend where editors/authors could login/meet to discuss future issue planning, etc....sort of like an office backend or something with a calendar feature/article assignment/discussion area or something like that.

8)

kris
kris

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi Kris,

FYI, Copyright (http://www.copyrightjournal.org) has used an interesting approach -- they're using a combination of Drupal, MediaWiki, and OJS as their platform. (OJS supports LDAP authentication, so the same set of users can be shared between all three packages.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Integrate with Drupal

Postby ztnews » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:22 am

http://www.copyrightjournal.org seems to have been down for some time, but I'm interested in using OJS with an existing drupal site. Does anyone have expereince using LDAP for authentication with both Drupal and OJS? Or some other method of sharing users?

I'm looking for tips before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance.

- Cronin

asmecher wrote:Hi Kris,

FYI, Copyright (http://www.copyrightjournal.org) has used an interesting approach -- they're using a combination of Drupal, MediaWiki, and OJS as their platform. (OJS supports LDAP authentication, so the same set of users can be shared between all three packages.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
ztnews

Postby kris » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:20 pm

I'm sure this is a total oversimplification here :oops: but would it be possible to somehow just make a redirect script that would automatically pick up if the browser was a pda and then...redirect to a re-sized....css sheet?

I'm sure that probably wouldn't work, I guess I thought I would throw it out to the gurus. I've been playing with some simple html sites for wml and I know that some of the coding is different. I'm just not fluent enough in php etc to know enough about the code to know if there would be an easy fix or not.

Kris
kris

Return to OJS Development