OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki



Record Display

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Record Display

Postby josipkp » Fri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi,

We are trying to do some changes to display record information:

1) Trying to include the source archive name with link to itself info
In plugins/schemas/dc/summary.tpl we add:

 | {translate key="archive.archive"}
{if $archive}
<a class="action" href="{url op=archiveInfo path=$theArchive->getArchiveId()}">{$theArchive->getTitle()|escape}</a>
{else}
{** wrong *}
<a class="action" href="{url op=archiveInfo path=$record->getArchiveId()}">{$theArchive->getTitle()|escape}</a>
{/if}

when the selection comes from Browse Archives menu, it is ok, but, when comes from Search, I don't know what I should put in href to point to .../index.php/browse/archiveInfo/<id>

Could you help us?


2) Trying to include a partial description (abstract) for the paper
In plugins/schemas/dc/summary.tpl we add:

<br>
{foreach from=$parsedContents.description item=descr}
&middot; {$descr|strip_unsafe_html|truncate:200|default:"&mdash"}<br>
{/foreach}
<br>

but, of course, all abstracts appears, because I don't know how to recognize the abstract locale.
We would like to put, mainly, the description corresponding to currentLocale variable; if does not exist, put anyone.

Could you give us the directions to do that?


We observed that the fontSize plugin is not inside the Harvester 2.3.
Then, we:
1) created a plugins/blocks/fontSize directory and moved to it

2) copy the fontSize plugin from OJS
cp -pR <ojsPath>/plugins/blocks/fontSize/* .

3) copy the sizer.tpl from OJS
cp <ojsPath>/templates/common/sizer.tpl <harvesterPath>/templates/common

4) changed the icon names in templates/images/icons
small.gif to font_small.gif
large.gif to font_large.gif
medium.gif to font_medium.gif

Maybe this could be useful for others.


Thank you in advance,
Josi Perez
josipkp
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 am

Re: Record Display

Postby asmecher » Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 am

Hi Josi,

1. Use the page="browse" attribute in the {url ...} call.

2. Smarty's documentation should cover fetching values from arrays -- OTOH, there are a few things you could try:
Code: Select all
{$parsedContents.description.en_US}
...or, alternately, embed an {if ...} statement in the {foreach ...} to see which locale you're looking for.

Smarty sometimes is a little picky in its syntax; it might help to debug by splitting the array lookup into a few steps, i.e.:
Code: Select all
{assign var=abstracts value=$parsedContents.description}
{$abstracts.en_US}
...rather than doing both array lookups in the same Smarty tag.

If you like, consider filing the font size plugin in Bugzilla along with a patch to implement it. Contributions are much appreciated!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 10015
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Re: Record Display

Postby josipkp » Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 am

Thank you for your answer Alec Smecher.

1) About the title and abstract locale:
Looking in the records table, the field Contents had the language information:
<dc:title xml:lang="pt_BR">Comunicação ... construção da cidadania</dc:title>

but, this information does not appears in parsed_contents:
a:11:{s:5:"title";a:1:{i:0;s:85:"Comunicação ... construção da cidadania";}s:7:"creator";a

just the language defined for the article
s:8:"language";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"pt_BR";}

I think we need transpose this information to parsed_contents.
To include this information on the title (or abstract), changing the string size, could be a solution, but changes the original metadata, that is not good (?). For example:
a:11:{s:5:"title";a:1:{i:0;s:92:"[pt_BR] Comunicação ... construção da cidadania";}s:7:"creator";a

What do you suggest?

2) About bugzilla
We will try to discover how this works to put the steps there.

Thank you,
Josi Perez
josipkp
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 am

Re: Record Display

Postby asmecher » Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Josi,

Try changing the parseContents function in plugins/schemas/dc/DublinCorePlugin.inc.php to make it use the locale name as the key in the values array. You'll need to either flush and re-harvest your archives, or use the tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php script, before the change will take effect. Don't forget to consider content for which no xml:lang attribute has been specified, but if you think the change would be worth including in future releases, please consider filing a patch in Bugzilla.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 10015
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm


Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest