OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Public galley identification already exists.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Public galley identification already exists.

Postby cpcrouse » Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 am

I am trying to upload galleys to our OJS account, but every time I go through the process, I get the following error message:
Errors occurred processing this form:

* Public galley identification already exists.

On the "Edit a Galley" page. I have been able to upload galleys this way before, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong. I can still do an XML upload, but I'd rather avoid doing that since I just need to replace one galley.

Help!

Caroline
cpcrouse

Re: Public galley identification already exists.

Postby cpcrouse » Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 am

I should add that the galley then shows up on the Editing page for the submission, but the pdf doesn't appear in the journal list...
cpcrouse

Postby amitkawasthi » Fri May 08, 2009 10:03 am

this problem most prob occurs if we publish paper first and then try to upload fresh galley.
This seems to be a bus. Many times I too faced it.

Edit a Layout Galley

Errors occurred processing this form:

* Public galley identification already exists.

Galley File Information
Label*
Public Galley Identifier
The galley label is used to identify the item's file format (e.g. HTML, PDF, etc.).
Language*
File name 29-147-1-PB.pdf
Original file name v.1.3.1.pdf
File type application/pdf
File size 320KB
Date uploaded 2009-05-08
Replace File Use Save to upload file.

* Denotes required field
amitkawasthi

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 am

Hi folks,

Are you trying to edit a current galley, or are you uploading a fresh galley but giving it an identical public ID to the previously uploaded galley (which still exists)? You'll definitely run into problems going the second route -- public IDs should be unique.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby cpcrouse » Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 am

I didn't realize that was something you needed to change. It's working now- thank you so much for your help! Have a great weekend!

Caroline
cpcrouse

Postby scribionics » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi, I finally figured out what was confusing me so about this. In case other people are going around the same circle I was:

Creating a galley without the Public Galley Identifier option turned on arranges the "Edit a Layout Galley" section of the "Galley" page so that a message is directly below the field it relates to: the next item after the "Label*" field is a note that "The galley label is used to identify the item's file format (e.g. HTML, PDF, etc.)." Good: the thing and the explanation of the thing are together.

Turning on the Public Galley Identifier option changes what is on the page, placing the "Public Galley Identifier" field directly between "Label*" and its explanatory note. So, now there is a field that should contain something like "HTML", a blank field, and then a note below the blank field suggesting something about "HTML". Hm. I eventually slowed down enough to figure out that the explanation pertained to the "Label*" field and not to the nearer "Public Galley Identifier" field, so I am rolling again: "HTML" is a Label, possibly for many things; something else, something unique per article, is a Public Galley Identifier. A more user-friendly design, though, would always keep a field and its explanation together, no matter what other fields come and go on the page as options are enabled and disabled.

Thanks for OJS. I am having fun with it.
scribionics

Postby newbies » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:06 am

this problem most prob occurs if we publish paper first and then try to upload fresh galley.
This seems to be a bus. Many times I too faced it.

I made the same mistake. My first uploaded pdf and html galley cannot use the default ID "pdf" and "html", but have to use something like "pdf_1" and "html_1".

How can I solve this issue without giving a different ID. I need to solve this since I have hard-coded URL for the pdf and html files on the article page like "article/view/19/html" or "article/view/19/pdf". Now the links are broken for this article due to this mistake.
newbies

Postby newbies » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm

I solved this problem by editing the table article galley setting and setting the value for the article to html or pdf in the database.
newbies

Return to OJS Technical Support