OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Shibboleth Support in OCS

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Shibboleth Support in OCS

Postby dgalewsky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi --

I recently downloaded OCS 2.1.1.2.

From reading some of the docs - I was expecting that the Shibboleth support that had been put into OJS - had been replicated in OCS.

I followed the instructions for how to enable LDAP or Shib support. I went to the Authentication Sources page of Site Admin.

I looked under the Plugin dropdown list - and there are no plugins listed. I also searched around a bit in the source code and could not find any of the files for Shib support.

Have I missed something? Do I need to download additional plugins? Should I copy the Shib stuff from an OJS download?

Thanks for any guidance...
--Dan Galewsky
Texas Digital Library
dgalewsky

Re: Shibboleth Support in OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Dan,

Actually, that's a mistake in our documentation -- Shibboleth support hasn't yet been ported to OCS, and I will fix the documentation to address this shortly. I just reported this as a feature request: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4224, and please feel free to CC yourself for future updates. I've also linked to the original Shibboleth bug report in that report, which includes the original code changes for OJS in patch form; it may be possible to take these code changes and work into OCS. (Unfortunately, since there are changes to the core codebase, it's not a simple matter of copying the plugin from one system to the other.) If this is something you might be able to take on, please let us know, and we should be able to give you some help.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support