OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration page in OCS

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration page in OCS

Postby Swinburne » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 am

Hi
I'm a relatively new user of OCS (beyond the simple stuff) and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question.
Which template do I need to access to edit the text on the OCS Registration (ie for payment) page?
Thanks in advance
Rebecca :)
Swinburne

Re: Registration page in OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the PKP community!

OCS stores all template files in the templates/ directory; the template you are looking for is probably in templates/registration/. However, if you are looking to just change the text, you'll want to look at the locale file(s), which store all message keys -- that is, all the text you see displayed on the site. The main locale file is locale/en_US/locale.xml, although there are others elsewhere (for example, each plugin has a locale file). I'd recommend taking a look at http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS, which will explain in great detail where locale files are stored and how they can be edited.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mga » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi

I am having trouble VIEWING the registrations I created. I made a whole bunch of payment options and all that, but in the front end I get redirected when clicking in Registration.

I don't know where to look to prevent this redirection. Registration is open in the Timeline as you can see in the site.

Our site is currently visible at:

http://design.uniandes.edu.co/sigradi/

Any help will be appreciated.
mga

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi mga,

Can you post the URLs you are being redirected from/to?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby stevecachia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 am

Hi James,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the same problem that I have. The Registration page is being redirected straight back to the index page.
My site is http://www.ecps2010.com
Can you please let me know what might be causing this redirecting?

Best regards,
Steve
stevecachia

Postby mga » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:58 pm

the site is here:

http://sigradi2010.uniandes.edu.co/

if you click Registration (left nav) you get redirected to:

http://sigradi2010.uniandes.edu.co/inde ... 2010/index

even though the link shows:

http://sigradi2010.uniandes.edu.co/inde ... gistration
mga

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Steve and mga,

Steve, your registration link appears to be working normally now -- clicking it takes you to the proper registration page. Was there anything you did to do this? Mga, yours is still definitely bonked, and I haven't encountered this issue before I don't think. Is there anything appearing in your error log, and have you fully configured your registration options already?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mga » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi

I see no errors in the Apache logs. I created a dozen different registration types. There is no registration manager since no one in particular will handle this. No policies or optional registrations set up.

Thanks.
mga

Postby mga » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:13 pm

One thing is that I don' t see a templates/schedConf/registration.tpl template. Not sure if there should be one.
mga

Postby tshore » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:45 am

I am also having this problem:

http://www.devpsych.ca/ocs/

I can't find any other registration option to change.

Steve & mga: You both have good-looking conference sites

Steve: What was involved in adding reCAPTCHA to your registration form?
tshore

Postby mcrider » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:48 am

Hi folks,

Can I see (at least one person) turn on the debug and show_stacktrace options in config.inc.php, and post the results here or to me via a PM?

Mga, the template file exists in templates/registration/, so it shouldn't be in the templates/schedConf/ folder.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby tshore » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Again Matt:

Do you have any suggestions for us? Where should we look first? What should we try? It's funny that we both have the exact same problem.

My conference organizers are waiting anxiously for me to fix this.

Thank You,

Trudy
tshore

Postby mga » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Here's the stack trace (btw I do have the template/registration folder with a lot of tpls there):

(mysql): SET NAMES 'utf8'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM sessions WHERE session_id = 'r8333getmbc05cdkqu5if0osq2'
(mysql): UPDATE sessions SET user_id = NULL, ip_address = '190.156.42.201', user_agent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_2; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9', created = '1258067281', last_used = 1258067290, remember = 0, data = '' WHERE session_id = 'r8333getmbc05cdkqu5if0osq2'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM conferences WHERE path = 'sigradi'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM site
(mysql): SELECT * FROM site_settings
(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = 'AcronPlugin' AND setting_name = 'crontab' AND conference_id = 0 AND sched_conf_id = 0
(mysql): UPDATE plugin_settings SET setting_value = 'a:2:{i:0;a:3:{s:9:\"className\";s:20:\"tasks.ReviewReminder\";s:9:\"frequency\";a:1:{s:4:\"hour\";s:1:\"0\";}s:4:\"args\";a:0:{}}i:1;a:3:{s:9:\"className\";s:32:\"tasks.RegistrationExpiryReminder\";s:9:\"frequency\";a:1:{s:4:\"hour\";s:1:\"0\";}s:4:\"args\";a:0:{}}}', setting_type = 'object' WHERE plugin_name = 'AcronPlugin' AND setting_name = 'crontab' AND conference_id = 0 AND sched_conf_id = 0
(mysql): SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = 'AnnouncementFeedPlugin' AND conference_id = '2' AND sched_conf_id = '0'
(mysql): SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = 'AcronPlugin' AND conference_id = '0' AND sched_conf_id = '0'
(mysql): SELECT last_run FROM scheduled_tasks WHERE class_name = 'tasks.ReviewReminder'
(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM scheduled_tasks WHERE class_name = 'tasks.ReviewReminder'
(mysql): UPDATE scheduled_tasks SET last_run = null WHERE class_name = 'tasks.ReviewReminder'
(mysql): SELECT r.*, r2.review_revision, a.review_file_id, u.first_name, u.last_name FROM review_assignments r LEFT JOIN users u ON (r.reviewer_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN review_stages r2 ON (r.paper_id = r2.paper_id AND r.stage = r2.stage) LEFT JOIN papers a ON (r.paper_id = a.paper_id) WHERE (r.cancelled IS NULL OR r.cancelled = 0) AND r.date_notified IS NOT NULL AND r.date_completed IS NULL ORDER BY r.paper_id
(mysql): SELECT last_run FROM scheduled_tasks WHERE class_name = 'tasks.RegistrationExpiryReminder'
(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM scheduled_tasks WHERE class_name = 'tasks.RegistrationExpiryReminder'
(mysql): UPDATE scheduled_tasks SET last_run = null WHERE class_name = 'tasks.RegistrationExpiryReminder'
(mysql): SELECT i.* FROM sched_confs i LEFT JOIN conferences c ON (i.conference_id = c.conference_id) WHERE c.enabled = 1 ORDER BY c.seq, i.seq
(mysql): SELECT * FROM conferences WHERE conference_id = '2'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM sched_confs WHERE path = '2010' and conference_id = '2'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM conferences WHERE conference_id = '2'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM versions WHERE current = 1
(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sched_confs WHERE conference_id = '2' AND end_date < now()
(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sched_confs WHERE conference_id = '2' AND start_date < now() AND end_date > now()
(mysql): SELECT * FROM sched_confs WHERE sched_conf_id = '4'
(mysql): SELECT * FROM announcements WHERE conference_id = '2' AND (sched_conf_id = '4' OR sched_conf_id = 0) AND (date_expire IS NULL OR date_expire > CURRENT_DATE) ORDER BY announcement_id DESC LIMIT 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/home/sigradi/public_html/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:377) in /data/home/sigradi/public_html/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 303

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/home/sigradi/public_html/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:377) in /data/home/sigradi/public_html/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 306
mga

Postby tshore » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 am

Ok, I think that I've fixed this, but perhaps it should be fixed in the CVS?

I had to edit:

pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php

I have already touched this file, so I won't give you the line number. Instead, here is the original code:

Code: Select all
   function registration() {
      list($conference, $schedConf) = SchedConfHandler::validate(true, true);

$paymentManager =& OCSPaymentManager::getManager();
      if (!$paymentManager->isConfigured()) Request::redirect(null, null, 'index');

and here it is with the line I added:
Code: Select all
   function registration() {
      list($conference, $schedConf) = SchedConfHandler::validate(true, true);

import('payment.ocs.OCSPaymentManager');
      $paymentManager =& OCSPaymentManager::getManager();
      if (!$paymentManager->isConfigured()) Request::redirect(null, null, 'index');
tshore

Postby mcrider » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Trudy,

That 'import' declaration is included at the top of the page in the current CVS version of that file (so that class is available to all functions on the page). Was it not at the top of the page for you?

Mga, can you see if you are missing that text at the top of that file as well?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Next

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion