OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS contents in offline mode

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS contents in offline mode

Postby el_tim » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

I work in a big private Portugal University. We use OJS tou our cientific journals and its great!
But now the problem is with something else:
I have conference contents (pdf documents, about 500) to give to all the people who comes to the conference in usb pen's. Is it possible to give those contents in some kind of offline OCS? or is there a software which gives the same information OCS gives about the documents and that can be accessible in offline mode (in a usb pen)?

Thanks in advance!

Timóteo Rodrigues
Serviço de Comunicação Multimédia

Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias
timoteo.rodrigues@ulusofona.pt
www.ulusofona.pt
el_tim

Re: OCS contents in offline mode

Postby mcrider » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Timóteo,

There are a number of tools you can use to download websites to view offline--Try Scrapbook, a Firefox plugin, for instance. I don't think this has been done by anyone before for OCS/OJS, but it seems like it would work fine to me, perhaps with some tinkering of the HTML to take out links to dynamic content/forms.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Re: OCS contents in offline mode

Postby el_tim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:18 am

First of all, thanks for the quick answer to my problem.

yes, i just downloaded the firefox add on that you mentioned, i'll definitely try . Yesterday i tried to use the black widow software but didn't work as i expected (probably i didn't work on it enough). But i'll try both again.

Once again thank you!
Timóteo Rodrigues
el_tim

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion