OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCs on Fedora 4

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCs on Fedora 4

Postby Peter Cassidy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:01 pm

I've upgraded my Linux box from Red Hat 9 to Fedora 4 and am now attempting to install OCS on it. OCS worked fine with RH9. Install is not working correctly on Fedora 4. On a clean install it does not create the database in MySQL and the install process stops at the header on the third install page. If I create the database manually and check the database exists box, the install process completes and creates the MySQL tables. However, when I go to login in as administrator, the password is accepted, but no administration pages are offered. The httpd error code says the file "favicon.ico" does not exist in the web root directory.

My SQL and Apache are working fine on this server with several other applications.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Peter Cassidy
Peter Cassidy

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 am

Hello Peter,

Try pointing your browser at admin/index.php for the administration interface.

If you're still having trouble: the error message about "favicon.ico" is unrelated. Please check your php.ini to see where error messages are being directed (often syslog), and ensure that there's nothing relevant in your server logs.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

OCS on Fedora 4

Postby Peter Cassidy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Alec,
Going directly to admin/index.php takes me nowhere, literally. ID and PW are accepted but the admin screen just clears and sits there. There are no server errors. PHP errors do got to syslog and there are none.

It's like everything is working but it's not. Strange.

Peter Cassidy
Peter Cassidy

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:15 pm

Just saw the posting by Matthew July 14 that OCS will not work with with PHP 5 which comes with Fedora Core 4, which is what I have. That probably explains the strange behavior I'm experiencing.

Anyone found a way to make OCS work with PHP 5?

Peter Cassidy

Return to OCS Technical Support