OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Question about OCS plugin translation

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Question about OCS plugin translation

Postby alejandra13 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:43 am

Hi,

I´ve been asked to translate the OCS plugins into Spanish. However, when I go to your OCS Spanish language page these plugins are give as if they were already translated. Nevertheless, when you try to download them, you find that only few of them are really available in Spanish. I would like to know if this work is really done (but not available yet) in order not to repeat the work of other colleagues as happened with the OJS Help, which I translated a couple of months ago because it was not available in the appropriate page, but I was notified afterwards that this translation had been previously completed by my Venezuelan colleague Juan David.

Greetings!!

Elizabeth de la Teja
alejandra13

Re: Question about OCS plugin translation

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

We haven't received new versions of the Spanish locale files for OCS 2.1.1, so what you see in your install is what has been complete. The locale should probably be listed as "partially complete" on the website -- that's my fault, for which I apologize. If you do translate the plugins for OCS 2.1.1, we would very much appreciate an updated translation -- please let me know if you are still willing to provide, and I can give you more details.

As a side note, we are planning on releasing a new stability version of OCS in the next month or two. This new version won't have that much in the way of new locales to translate, but just the same we will be looking for volunteers to contribute to the translation process. Please let me know if you might be interested in such work; and also if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alejandra13 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 am

Hi James!

I´ll be working this week on the plugins translation and I´ll give you the files when they are ready. I´m also planning to work on the Reading Tools translation afterwards; but this is big work and it would take more time.
Regarding the new version release, I´d be glad to help (if my amount of work here allows me to).

I have another question, but this is not closely related with the previous issues. However, maybe you have information about it or maybe you can ask to some of your colleagues at PKP.
A friend of mine tried to register in the forum a month ago, but the confirmation email was never sent to his account. Do you have any clue of what can be done? He tried to register twice, with different accounts and user name, and nothing.

Greetings,

Ely
alejandra13

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:48 pm

HI Ely,

Thanks again for your offer! I sent you an email earlier today regarding ongoing contributions, and just got your reply -- I'll respond via email regarding that shortly.

In the meantime, please let your friend know they can contact me directly for registration help. We were recently dealing with some potential registration/spam issues, and may have inadvertently erased valid, half-completed registrations. I can register your friend myself if they provide me with an email address and preferred username.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alejandra13 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your help offer regarding my friend´s registration. I´ll send you directly via e-mail his email address and username, so that he can complete the registration afterwards. He is a programmer, and might be interested in the topics discussed in this forum.

Thanks,

Ely
alejandra13

Postby alejandra13 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 am

Hi,

I already sent the files with the OCS plugin translation (those that were not complete).

Ely
alejandra13

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion