OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to change the default style/font?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

How to change the default style/font?

Postby roseknight » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am

Hi there
Thank you for your support.
I like to know how to change the default style, espeically the font. The default font size is the medium (1.0em) now. How to change it to the large one?

Thanks again.
Jun
roseknight

Re: How to change the default style/font?

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Jun,

Take a look at the following doc: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/customizingojs/index.html. In a nutshell, you'll have to take a look at styles/common.css, find the font rules, create a new style sheet to override these rules, and upload it from Journal Setup Step 5.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby roseknight » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks a lot, James
roseknight

Postby paul » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 am

Hi James,

I have the same issue with font size. I looked at a number of style sheet in styles/ folder. The only font size I was able to find and change is the nav bar. I can't find other elements circled in red on the image attached. Any hints as to where to locate these elements will be greatly appreciated.

Paul
font-size-modification.jpg
font-size-modification.jpg (102.03 KiB) Viewed 890 times
paul

Postby paul » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 am

By the way, I use classic green theme. I would like to increase the default font size of Journal Management interface especially the sub-titles and contents but don't know where to locate them.

Thank you very much.
paul

Postby paul » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 am

I just noticed this thread is in the ocs forum. I apologize. My questions are related OJS 2.3.6. But I think they are pretty much similar in structure.
paul

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Paul,

No worries. You may find a tool such as Firebug very useful in discovering what elements are called/classed as, and where and how they are styled. Firebug includes a document inspector tool -- you'll be able to hover over/click any element on a web page, and it'll tell you what the element is called or classified as; the css rules applied to it; and from which file(s) the rules are applied from.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support