OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS Plugin: Static Pages

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

OCS Plugin: Static Pages

Postby jalperin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:18 pm

This plugin is useful for creating Static Content.

Through the Conference Manager -> System Plugins interface, you can add/edit/delete pages that are comprised of text/HTML. Once a page is created, it can be accessed at: http://www.conferenceUrl.../index.php/{conf_initials}/index/pages/view/{page_name}.

Author: Juan Pablo Alperin
Software: OCS
Versions: 2.1+
Multilingual: yes
Requirements: TinyMCE plugin must be enabled

This plugin is a port of the OJS Static Pages Plugin: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3437
Attachments
staticPagesPluginOCS-1.0.tar.gz
(14.48 KiB) Downloaded 943 times
jalperin

Re: OCS Plugin: Static Pages

Postby matnet » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 am

Hi. i have tried to install the plugin. My site (happinesseconomics.net) is hosted at a remote provider. I cannot run shell scripts on it. And therefore i cannot "install the database schema run the following command from your OCS directory:
$ php tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php -schema execute plugins/generic/staticPages/schema.xml

I was trying to upload a file with the following instrucitons (please consider that i do not know anything of php)
<?php
echo shell_exec ("/ocs/tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php -schema execute /ocs/plugins/generic/staticPages/schema.xml");
?>

even from the cgi-bin folder with premissions 755, but it returns that "shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons"

How do i get around this?

thanks
matnet

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:34 am

Hi matnet,

If you have access to a tool like phpMyAdmin, the easiest thing to do is probably to convert the schema to SQL (either manually or by running tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php on another machine) and execute it through phpMyAdmin. Alternately, you can modify the tools/includes/cliTool.inc.php script to remove the check that ensures that you're not running the script remotely. If you try this, you'll also need to manually set the command-line argument variables in the script, since you won't be running it from a command line.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby matnet » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks Alec. I think the only thing i can do is to manually build the table via phpMyadmin. It should be easy, but remeber i am pretty new to this stuff.

I had a look at the schema.xml (below) to see how the two tables are structured and here is what i don't understand
-there are three types of fields: I8, C2 and X. what do they correspond to?
-line 51, the tag field is opened but not closed befoe a new tag field is opened again in line 52. Why is that? are they kind of nested fields?
line 56-65: i don't understand what's going on here. what is this index and col tags?

many thanks again if you find time to help me out.

1 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
2 <!DOCTYPE schema SYSTEM "../../../dbscripts/xml/dtd/xmlschema.dtd">
4 <!--
5 * schema.xml
6 *
7 * Copyright (c) 2003-2008 John Willinsky
8 * Distributed under the GNU GPL v2. For full terms see the file docs/COPYING.
9 *
10 * StaticPages plugin schema in XML.
11 *
12 -->
14 <schema version="0.2">
16 <!--
17 *
18 * TABLE static_pages
19 *
20 -->
21 <table name="static_pages">
22 <field name="static_page_id" type="I8">
23 <KEY/>
24 <AUTOINCREMENT/>
25 </field>
26 <field name="path" type="C2" size="255">
27 <NOTNULL/>
28 </field>
29 <field name="conference_id" type="I8">
30 <NOTNULL/>
31 </field>
32 <descr>Static Pages</descr>
33 </table>
35 <!--
36 *
37 * TABLE static_page_settings
38 *
39 -->
40 <table name="static_page_settings">
41 <field name="static_page_id" type="I8">
42 <NOTNULL/>
43 </field>
44 <field name="locale" type="C2" size="5">
45 <NOTNULL/>
46 <DEFAULT VALUE=""/>
47 </field>
48 <field name="setting_name" type="C2" size="255">
49 <NOTNULL/>
50 </field>
51 <field name="setting_value" type="X"/>
52 <field name="setting_type" type="C2" size="6">
53 <NOTNULL/>
54 <descr>(bool|int|float|string|object)</descr>
55 </field>
56 <descr>Static Page settings.</descr>
57 <index name="static_page_settings_static_page_id">
58 <col>static_page_id</col>
59 </index>
60 <index name="static_page_settings_pkey">
61 <col>static_page_id</col>
62 <col>locale</col>
63 <col>setting_name</col>
64 <UNIQUE />
65 </index>
66 </table>
68 </schema>
matnet

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:48 am

Hi matnet,

The XML conforms to the ADODB database schema DTD, which is described at http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-datadict.htm.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby matnet » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 am

excellent! many thanks
matnet

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:54 pm

I tried to install this plugin and my server returned me the following message after I ran the command to install the database schema.

[cbce@hm857 congressos]$ php tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php -schema execute plugins/generic/staticPages/schema.xml
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/oci8.so ' - libclntsh.so.11.1: failed to map segment from shared
object: Cannot allocate memory in Unknown on line 0

Neverthless, the plugin seems to be installed, I checked at my phpmyadmin and the database table seens to be OK.

I even tested the plugin, the static pages was successfully created. The only strange thing is the following text in my plugins page

##plugins.generic.staticPages.displayName##: ##plugins.generic.staticPages.description##
Desabilitar ##plugins.generic.staticPages.editAddContent##

Does anyone know why is it appearing like that?
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi mendesrocha,

The command-line version of PHP and the web-based version often use different php.ini configuration files; I suspect your command-line php.ini specifies something that's causing PHP to choke. In particular, I'd suggest double-checking the list of extensions that are being loaded in the CLI PHP's php.ini.

The ##some.text.here## messages are probably appearing because of an incomplete Spanish locale for that plugin. Have a look in plugins/generic/staticPages/locale to see if there's a complete es_ES. If not, and if you do create one (based on the en_US English files), please consider contributing back to us so we can distribute them with the plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jalperin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:12 am

medesrocha,

I never got around to translating to OCS version of the plugin to spanish. However, a user translated the OJS version of the plugin and the keys are quite similar if I recall correctly. You can try downloading the file linked from http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3437#p14266 and placing it in a folder named es_ES inside the locale folder. Most of the keys should be the same, but if you see any other ## ## then you can just add it to the spanish version of locale.xml.

Juan
jalperin

Postby mendesrocha » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 am

Hello Alec,

Concerning the first error I will contact my server admin and ask him to check for it.

Following your suggestion, I have just translated the plugin locale file to Portuguese. I used the tool avaiable in the OCS and it was easier than I thought.

I am attaching the translation file in this post. I am glad I am able to contribute with PKP.

Renato
Attachments
pt_BR.rar
Portuguese (Br) translation for Static Pages Plugin
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
mendesrocha

Postby mendesrocha » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 am

I think I found a little bug

When click in the edit button of an static page, the server returns me the following

Code: Select all
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesEditForm.inc.php on line 72

And, almost the same when I press the Save button in the Edition Page for my Static page.

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesEditForm.inc.php on line 142

Despite this error the plugin is working properly.
mendesrocha

Postby jalperin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 am

mendesrocha,

You're right. It is a small bug. If I am not mistaken you just need to add an & on line 18 of StaticPagesDAO.inc.php.
It should read:
function &getStaticPage($staticPageId) {

However, what you're seeing is just a PHP warning. If this is a production site, you should probably disable display_errors in php.ini so that users don't see these warnings should they occur anywhere else in the system. I will correct this the next release of the plugin.

Thanks,
jalperin

Postby borgher » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:53 am

Hi Jalperin,

many thanks for the OCS Static Pages plugin - a great and useful addition indeed.

I've installed the plugin on OCS 2.1.0.1. I had no problem in creating the db schema, and everything seemed to go fine during installation. The plugin showed correctly under the Generic Plugin tab and I was able to activate it.

However, if I create and save a page, when I revisit the Static Pages plugin the page does not show up - nor I can access it through the web address. I've checked the database, and both tables remain empty after I save the page.

I know that's very little information for the time being, but I would much appreciate your help to understand what's going wrong.

cheers,
borgher
borgher

Postby jalperin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:38 am

borgher,

Not sure what might be happening. Could you give me a more detailed description on the steps you've taken to create a new page? Are you receiving any errors?
jalperin

Postby nageshdbt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 am

Dear sir,

after uploading static page plugin in ocs server. after enable /setting. system says following error DB Error: Table 'conf.static_pages' doesn't exist

please help me out.

thanks and regards
nageswaran
nageshdbt

Next

Return to Plugin Gallery