OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Help Translation

Users wishing to hire or seeking employment may post their information here. Additionally, we also encourage the posting of volunteer opportunities to this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Employment

Are you looking for someone to help install, maintain or customize one of our software packages for you? Please feel free to post employment and volunteer opportunities related to PKP software here. We will remove any non-related posts unless they are of particular interest.

Volunteering

If you are looking to volunteer, or are looking for a volunteer for your project, please post here. We will also occasionally post volunteer requests as well.

OJS Help Translation

Postby alejandra13 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 am

My name is Elizabeth de la Teja Bosch. I´m a Cuban medical translator working with the editorial team of a scientific journal: MediSur (http://www.medisur.sld.cu), which is managed through the OJS. I translated the OJS Help into Spanish, as can be seen in the appropriate link of the new version of our site. I´d like to be part of the PKP community and to offer my translations whenever possible. I´d like to know what to do in order to become part of your project.

Greeting,

Elizabeth
alejandra13

Re: OJS Help Translation

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Many thanks for your kind offer! We are more than happy to accept contributions of this nature. We do currently have a Spanish translation for OJS 2.2.x, from Juan David Arias (http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs-languages/spanish), but I would like to put your name and a link to the Medisur site on the same page, for future translation assistance, if you are willing.

Many thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alejandra13 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:55 am

James,

Many thanks for accepting my modest contribution. I would feel glad to be enrolled in your project, along with your current translator Juan David and to help whenever possible with the required translations. My email at work is: traduccion3@spicm.cfg.sld.cu

Elizabeth
alejandra13

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Elizabeth,

I just received an email from Kevin Stranack with the help file translations you have provided -- my apologies, but when I first read your post here, I didn't realize that you were offering translated help files that were previously incomplete -- I thought yours was an offer of a completely new translation. I will be adding your translated help files to our Spanish translation immediately, and they will also appear in the next version of OJS. I have already added you to our Spanish page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs-languages/spanish.

Again, many thanks for this valuable contribution!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alejandra13 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:08 am

Hi,

No need to apologize, I thought you had not understood from the very beginning; but I was slightly confused about where to send the files, until Kevin wrote. I´m glad you think it can be somehow useful, and I´d be glad to help you with further translations, if needed.
As said to Kevin, we may be working with the Open Conference System as well, so I could be required to translate the OCS Help into Spanish. If that is the case, I can also offer it to you when it is finished.

Greeting,

Ely
alejandra13

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Ely,

That would be great! Would I be able to put your name down as a contributor towards Open Conference Systems on the following page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs-languages/spanish ? Since we have a number of active Spanish contributors for both systems, I would recommend perhaps coordinating to divide work as may be appropriate. If you like, I don't mind sending an introductory email towards this end.

We will most likely be releasing stability releases of both OCS and OJS towards the middle or end of spring (these will not necessarily include major translation work as they build directly on current releases), and are very happy indeed to have such a pool of translators to draw upon.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alejandra13 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:15 am

Hi,

Of course, dividing work is a very good idea; it would be very nice of you to send an introductory email for this purpose. It would be much better to work together and distribute tasks, as this is an interactive community aimed at improving knowledge in a combined way.

Very interesting that image of the “pool of translators to drawn upon” :D

Ely
alejandra13

Return to Consulting, Employment, and Volunteer Opportunities