OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Text small in Internet Explorer

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Text small in Internet Explorer

Postby Pinkerton » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 am

Hi,

another HTML mystery to me here, the text of a bullet list <ul><li>etc.. because so small in Internet Explorer that it is barely readable. But in konqueror this font is output with the same size as the rest of the body text on the journal page.

Even if it could be adjusted for IE users, its unlikely they'll bother and rather not read the text. What would be the correct way of addressing this problem?
Pinkerton

Re: Text small in Internet Explorer

Postby Pinkerton » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 am

I think I've found out more about this:

the text is entered in the "additional content" field in the setup behaves this way. I'm entering the HTML directly there. So I've found out that I can control the font in a <div> directive through "font-size: <value>". But what I want it, is to be the exact same size as the other body text. Is there a way to achieve this?
Pinkerton

Re: Text small in Internet Explorer

Postby mcrider » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Pinkerton,

All of the font sizes are specified in the CSS files, e.g. in styles/common.css. If you want to change the default size for, e.g. lists, you should investigate the ul.* selectors near the bottom of common.css.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to General Discussion