I have been trying to install Lemon8 XML - but am confused. I am running Ubuntu Server 8.04.
Firstly, I am not very clear on exactly what needs to be installed. Docvert, I believe, is required. Apache FOP also needs to be installed, correct?
About the <a href="http://www.lemon8.org/pages/docs#technology">Technology Used</a>:
1) CakePHP is just the framework that it runs on. There is not need to configure or install it otherwise. Correct?
2) PHP 5, Apache, MySQL -self-explanatory...part of LAMP. No out-of-ordinary configuration.
3) Docvert. This is where I got confused. I installed Docvert as per their <a href="http://holloway.co.nz/docvert/documentation/installing-from-debian-repo">Debuntu repo instructions</a>. It installed successfully. The Lemon8 README says to place the docvert_url (eg. http://myserver/docvert/web-service.php
) in /app/config/bootstrap.php.
4) OpenOffice. Is this supposed to be installed? Or does it just resolve to OpenOffice.org (i.e. automatically does necessary work through OpenOffice.org)?
5) ParaCite. Same issue as OpenOffice, do I need to install it, or does it automatically access the appropriate data through its website?
6) Apache FOP. First I installed sun-java6-jre. Then I downloaded an Apache FOP binary and extracted it into a folder. As far as I can tell, it works. What do I need to do now? Do I need to specify the directory anywhere in any of the Lemon8 configuration files?
7) ISBNdB. Again, does this need to be installed? Or does Lemon8 automatically access the necessary tools online. Where do I get the isbndb_key?
NCBI: PubMed. Any installation or configuration needed for this, or will Lemon8 automatically utilize it?
Thanks a lot,