OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Plugin: SWORD 1.2 Repository Deposit

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

OJS Plugin: SWORD 1.2 Repository Deposit

Postby Scott » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:48 pm

This is an experimental plugin implementing SWORD 1.2. It is expected to be surpassed by a SWORD 1.3 implementation next year.

Note: In order for this plugin to work with DSpace, a significant amount of patching to DSpace has been applied. It is highly recommended if you intend to test this plugin you do so with Fedora and its SWORD Server rather than DSpace. We will post a SWORD 1.3 OJS plugin next year which hopefully will not require repository patching depending on the DSpace and Fedora SWORD 1.3 reference implementations which are expected to be released next year.

For those interested in viewing the plugin in action without the need to install it, a screencast is available at http://www.apsr.edu.au/ore/ and a more recent presentation containing static screenshots is available at https://pilot.apsr.edu.au/public/sword/ojs-sword.pdf
Attachments
sword-1.2-plugin.tar.gz
OJS Plugin and repository patches
(86.32 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Scott

Re: OJS Plugin: SWORD 1.2 Repository Deposit

Postby tarjelavik » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:44 am

I think this is a great plugin, but I have one question. I would like to be able to export not just issues or the whole journal, but individual articles. Is this a feature you would consider implementing in the plugin?
tarjelavik

Postby Scott » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:19 pm

The submission of individual articles is something we are aiming to do in the SWORD 1.3 plugin we develop next year, so yes that will be possible.
Scott

Postby zuki » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:01 pm

I am testing this plugin with DSpace. I think that the stylesheet, journalMODS.xsl is not found in the plugin file though it is necessary to execute DSpaceMETSJournalIngest.java.
zuki

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Oops, sorry, I've attached here. Needs to go into the $DSPACE/config/crosswalks directory. Also for ingestion need to add identifier.volume and identifier.issue to the DSpace metadata registry.
Attachments
stylesheet.tar.gz
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Scott

Postby zuki » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 am

Thank you, Scott. I could deposit an issue from OJS to DSpace.
zuki

Postby mcyzyk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Question: Was this plugin ever modified to support SWORD 1.3? I'd like to be able to push, via SWORD, individual articles into a repository.

Best regards,

Mark Cyzyk
Johns Hopkins University
mcyzyk

Postby jnavalon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 am

Hello,

we have parched DSpace 1.5.1, and wen we get the servicedocument via ojs-plugin, we only get a list of communities, not a list of collections. is this wright or it is an error?

We also have had many errors in the plugin at the point to generate and write the XML from the OJS Journal, we have get many errors at XMLCustomWriter.inc.php at [OJS_DIR]/classes/xml.

We have OJS 2.2.0.

We also have get the same problem with OJS 2.2.3.

Kind Regards.
jnavalon

Return to Plugin Gallery