OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Suggestion: Hightlight "suport forum" link in PKP homepage

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Suggestion: Hightlight "suport forum" link in PKP homepage

Postby mbria » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:26 am

Dear fellows,

I have been a proud OJS user and evangelist (as well as a dirty hacker) during last couple of years.
As I said every time I had the opportunity is one of the bests free software developments I ever meet.

Any case, in my day by day relation with OJS there is simple detail that it's a little annoying:
When I go to PKP home page, although I'm a quite frequent visitor, it's difficult to find the link to this forum.

I think this forum is an extremely valuable resource that need to be highlighted in your home page, for instance as a right block.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot for sharing this great piece of software,

Marc Bria.
mbria

Re: Suggestion: Hightlight "suport forum" link in PKP homepage

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:50 am

Hi Marc,

As a member of the PKP support team, I would heartily agree that the forum should be easier to find -- we do spent a lot of time redirecting people there. Thankfully though, we're in the midst of a site redesign; one of the major goals will be to more quickly redirect users to pertinent information, including documentation (which is being expanded as we speak) and the support forums. Your comments serve well to highlight that this is necessary, even for users who are familiar with our organization.

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Return to General Discussion