OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

upgrade disaster

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

upgrade disaster

Postby shier-jones » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:27 am

I upgraded from 2-0.1 to 2.0.2 today using the command line method and it lost all my journal entries and now I can't make submissions to the journal
HELP Please
I dont mind having lost the files.. as long as I can find some way of re-entering the data !
shier-jones

Re: upgrade disaster

Postby asmecher » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:56 pm

Hello shier-jones,

The upgrade script does not delete any files or database entries; it does update some database entries, but very few, and nothing that would cause entries to disappear as you described (unless there is a major undiscovered bug). This means you should be OK if we can figure out what happened.

I need more information to determine the problem, but my suspicion is that it's a permissions issue in the files dir.

- Did you receive any error messages during the upgrade process?
- Have you checked the file permissions on the OJS files dir (and its contents) to ensure that the webserver has sufficient permissions to access it?
- With all warnings and notices enabled in php.ini (error_reporting = E_ALL), are any messages displayed when you attempt to use OJS or submit a new article?

If none of this helps, please describe the problems you're having in more detail.

Regards,
Alec
asmecher

upgrade failure

Postby shierjones » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:18 am

No error messages were generated, and the file permissions seem ok.
What actually happens is that when I select 'author' nothing actually happens - I don't get sent to the pages that begin the submission process.
I have no idea why not.
Similarly, there is now no record of the articles which were about to be assigned to a copy editor.. The system seems to have no record of any files in review, or editing or any other part of the system.
shierjones

Return to OJS Technical Support