You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 am

I've been trying to use the online demonstration instance of Lemon8-XML but I'm having some problems. Every time I try to upload a file, my test file, or some other, no matter what file type it is, I get the same error. For a couple of seconds an error page flashes which says "Error saving document to DB" and "Please provide a valid document ID". I get this error no matter what file I try to upload. I checked the FAQ and elsewhere but have found no indication of what this error means or what I'm doing wrong.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed something?

Please inform,

Re: Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Postby mj » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Adam,

First, let me apologise for the uninformative error messages -- it is something that is definitely a known area for improvement in the beta version, and we do have a plan for much more intuitive and informative error handling in the future. The 'Error saving document to DB' message is actually somewhat rare, corresponding to a problem within the CakePHP framework, and not your document(s) in particular.

Would you be willing to pass a couple of the documents that have had this problem along to me via email? I'd like to see if I can replicate the problem with some more debugging information enabled.

Site Admin

Return to Lemon8-XML