OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cheap Hosting of OCS

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Cheap Hosting of OCS

Postby huu2008 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 am

Hello all,
Iam new to the forum and OCS.I have gone through the information shown on the web and found that the product is very interesting!.Congratulation for the team!.I would like to implement the OCS but would like to get information for the free or cheap OCS hosting.Can anyone provide me the linksfor the OCS hosting?
thank you in advance
huu
huu2008

Re: Cheap Hosting of OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:57 am

Hi Huu,

SFU offers OCS conference hosting -- more information can be found at http://software.lib.sfu.ca/support.html. It may not be as cheap as you are looking for, though.

There are a number of commercial services that are also hosting OJS journals -- you may want to do an internet search for them, and contact them to see if they are also interested in setting up OCS for a fee.

Otherwise, I don't know of any cheap commercial service providers like Dreamhost who do a one-click install type of thing ... but that's not to say you can't install it yourself. I would do a search of this forum on service provider names first, and additionally make sure they meet the minimum requirements needed for installing OCS.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby huu2008 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:42 am

James,
Thank you for your reply.What is the requirements for hosting?.I gues the OCS is made of mysql and PHP,can I host to any service provider who is supporting mysql and PHP?
thank you again
huu2008

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

Hi Huu,

You can find the minimum server requirements on the OCS download page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs-download. MySQL is the recommended database, although it does run on Postgre. Please note that these are the minimum server requirements -- you would be very well served finding a service provider that allows you ssh access, and allows you a certain amount of flexibility in how you set up PHP.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby huu2008 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 am

James,
Thank you for your help!
cheers!
huu2008

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion