OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PDF paper not stored

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

PDF paper not stored

Postby Frédéric » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:43 am

Hello,
I have experienced a problem with the submission of PDF papers. The authors receive a positive confirmation of their submission, but the papers are not stored in the papers folder and not available for the website.

I can see the name of the paper (a random alphanumeric serie.pdf) in the database and in the link provided in the document metadata. But I cannot locate the pdf file in the server.

Is there some problem with authorizations with the folder papers?
Is there some trouble with the communication ports other than 80?

You can chek the problem at the following url:

http://139.124.177.94/proxim/viewabstract.php?id=3

thank you for your help.

My configuration if MacOS 10.2.8
Powermac G4 867Mhz

Frederic.
Frédéric

Postby kevin » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:08 pm

If you haven't done so already, check that the papers directory is writeable and that any php.ini settings related to file uploading are set correctly (see here)
kevin

Authorization

Postby Frederic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:39 am

Thanks a lot Kevin,

I have changed the authorization for the directory, and the papers can be stored in the papers folder. But the files in the directory cannot be seen until I change also the authorisation for the files included.
Is there a method to affect authorizations for files when they are posted in the papers folder?

All the best.

Frederic
Frederic

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:34 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by the files "cannot be seen." Uploaded files should be owned by the user that Apache is running under (commonly something like www, apache, nobody, etc.), so there should be no problem downloading files from the web site.

If you mean that files are being created without world read access then that depends on your system's umask setting. You can change it on a per PHP script basis with umask. Normally the umask is 0022 so uploaded files should have permission mode 0644.
kevin

authorizations

Postby Frederic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:12 am

Hello,

As you guess, the problem concerns the upload of the papers by users. I will check the unmask value and the authorizations generated with future posts.

Thanks.

best regards.

Frédéric
Frederic

Re: authorizations

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:20 am

Dear all,

I am experiencing problem with the PDF upload too. The
pdf file gets uploaded in the papers directory but the
PDF link does not appear in the DB table. As a result the
PDF file with no contents (0 byte file ) is displayed.

Could your please suggest some solution.

Thanks in advance.

Frederic wrote:Hello,

As you guess, the problem concerns the upload of the papers by users. I will check the unmask value and the authorizations generated with future posts.

Thanks.

best regards.

Frédéric

Postby jtm » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:17 am

I'm also encountering this exact same problem, hopefully someone can advise soon...
jtm

Postby jtm » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:17 am

I'm also encountering this exact same problem, hopefully someone can advise soon...
jtm

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:59 pm

I have not been able to repeat this behaviour on any of our servers. Could you provide more information?
kevin

Return to OCS Technical Support