OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to add new block in front page.....

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

How to add new block in front page.....

Postby nageshdbt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:20 am

Dear sir,

I am using OCS 2.1.0. I want to add more information for conference participant. for ex. How to reach institute, weather, Registration information etc. how to do? please help me out.

Thanks and Regards
Nageswaran
PUNE, India
nageshdbt

Re: How to add new block in front page.....

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Nageswaran,

Do you just want to add text to the main conference page? You can do that by logging in as a Conference Manager. From the Conference Management page, click Website Management and then Step 1: About the Conference. Any text you enter on Step 1.2 will appear on the main conference homepage; additionally, you can add an extra item under "About the Conference" by filling in Step 1.7.

To add information on the scheduled conference page, simply click the scheduled conference's Setup link from the Conference Management page, and then click Step 1: Details. Anything you enter for Step 1.1 will appear on the scheduled conference's home page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby nageshdbt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Dear sir,

I want to add additional pages in side bar (i.e) weather, how to reach institute. how to do ? please let me know.

nageswaran
pune
nageshdbt

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Nageswaran,

You will have to create custom blocks to do so. I would suggest searching the forum for information on 'blocks', and taking a look at the contents of plugins/blocks, where you will find all your current sidebar blocks. A good starting point would be to look carefully at a simple one, for example the developedBy block.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion