OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

author name searching problem

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

author name searching problem

Postby manson_soup » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 am

Dear,

I know that the full text search can read all the keyword and input them to the database table "article_search_keyword_list".

Problem 1 : when i input author name "方梓勳" to author text box, the search engine only show part of the articles. I need to type "方 梓勳", add a space in the middle of this word, it can should all the articles. The data are not in the same. how can i solve it ?

Orginally, input the surname and first name to different first name field and last name field, but i find that only type in "方 梓勳" , add a space in the middle of this word can find all the articles, I tried to the chinese name to the same field "last_name". but it have the same problem. how can i solve it ?

when i update the "Edit Metadata" (for example, author name) , will ojs updated data upload to the table "article_search_keyword_list" at the same time?

You may try it here.
http://cup.cuhk.edu.hk/ojs/index.php/HK ... iew/search

Thanks
Manson
manson_soup

Re: author name searching problem

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Manson,

I'm not sure I'm following the process -- but if you've edited the metadata but have yet to see those changes propagate to the search tool, try running tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php from the command line.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: author name searching problem

Postby manson_soup » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Dear Alec Smecher,

you're right. The problem is solved after re-build.

Manson
manson_soup

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development