OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

author name searching problem

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

author name searching problem

Postby manson_soup » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 am

Dear,

I know that the full text search can read all the keyword and input them to the database table "article_search_keyword_list".

Problem 1 : when i input author name "方梓勳" to author text box, the search engine only show part of the articles. I need to type "方 梓勳", add a space in the middle of this word, it can should all the articles. The data are not in the same. how can i solve it ?

Orginally, input the surname and first name to different first name field and last name field, but i find that only type in "方 梓勳" , add a space in the middle of this word can find all the articles, I tried to the chinese name to the same field "last_name". but it have the same problem. how can i solve it ?

when i update the "Edit Metadata" (for example, author name) , will ojs updated data upload to the table "article_search_keyword_list" at the same time?

You may try it here.
http://cup.cuhk.edu.hk/ojs/index.php/HK ... iew/search

Thanks
Manson
manson_soup

Re: author name searching problem

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Manson,

I'm not sure I'm following the process -- but if you've edited the metadata but have yet to see those changes propagate to the search tool, try running tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php from the command line.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: author name searching problem

Postby manson_soup » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Dear Alec Smecher,

you're right. The problem is solved after re-build.

Manson
manson_soup

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development