OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Integrating OCS into your CMS

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Integrating OCS into your CMS

Postby hda.lib@cbs.dk » Wed May 28, 2008 4:34 am

We would prefer to integrate OCS (using only the "central part" of the OCS page) into our CMS for the following reasons:
* we can strip OCS for design and use our ordinary design. And in different portals the same pages will appear with different designs
* we can use additional features from our CMS such as polls, blogs etc. on the conference site
* we solve the problem about not being able to make additional pages/menu points

The question is how to do this?
Besides the technical problems of how to do this we see at least one major problem:
So far as we can see it is not possible to use one set of css for the "public" part of the pages and another set of css for the admin part og the pages. E.g:
I want to disable the right column, the header and the breadcrumb navigation on the public pages but retain them on the admin pages

A simple solution would of course be to include the pages in an i-frame - or actually an i-frame for every single menu point. But in order to do that I would need to disable the navigation from the ocs right column - which I can't....

Any solutions ?
hda.lib@cbs.dk

Re: Integrating OCS into your CMS

Postby jacktanner » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:38 pm

We're about to attempt this very thing... Suggestions on integrating into a CMS (Drupal in our case) would be great.
jacktanner

Re: Integrating OCS into your CMS

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:08 am

Hi all,

We don't have any particular list of recommendations, but there have been some threads in the OJS forums that might apply to this conversation:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3354

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2860

A search on the forums for either Joomla or Drupal may turn up more.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion