OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PKP Harvester Spanish Translation

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

PKP Harvester Spanish Translation

Postby juanarias » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 am

Hello,

we at the Corporación Parque Tecnológico de Mérida (Venezuela) are
willing to use the OAH harvester for the Universidad de Los Andes.

Are there any plans or ongoing work for translating the harvester to Spanish?, if not, we would like to cooperate on this issue. Please tell me what are the steps required for this.

Many thanks,

Juan Arias
Unidad de Desarrollo
Centro de Teleinformación
Corporación Parque Tecnológico de Mérida
juanarias@ula.ve
juanarias

Re: PKP Harvester Spanish Translation

Postby mcolmene » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:27 am

Hello:
Did you translate to spanish finally?
Best regards,
mcolmene

Postby casate » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 am

We have translated Harvester into spanish aT the Institute of Scientific and Technological information (IDICT) in Cuba.
casate

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Casate,

Are you willing to share your translation with the community? It would be greatly appreciated! You can email the files to me at jmacgreg at gmail dot com, or attach them here as a zip file. We also have another complete Spanish translation possibly coming our way; I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from our other possible translator.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Guillo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 am

I am translator, specializing in English to Spanish Translation. I can also edit and translate Italian text (though I don't have that much professional experience or credentials with this language). I'm a big fan of the freeware philosophy and am more than happy to contribute to open source projects! I do appreciate getting credit for it, but I'd be willing to help anonymously if that is how you guys do it.
Guillo

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Guillo,

Thank you for your interest in providing a translation! If you are interested in volunteering for this work, details on getting started are available on our web site:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS

If you decide to proceed, we would like to add your name to our list of translators, to allow others interested in your work to contact you, get involved, and avoid any duplication of effort.

This would be a very important contribution to the Public Knowledge Project and I know that there will be strong interest in this translation.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know directly at jmacgreg at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development