OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Open Conference Systems 2.0 - Installation issue

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Open Conference Systems 2.0 - Installation issue

Postby shadab » Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 pm

I downloaded Open Conference Systems 2.0 (.tar.gz)

I have GoDaddy hosting with php/ mysql on linux

I am getting following error after filling the information on installer page

I did following

1) Unzip the tar file on local syatem
2) FTP all files to godaddy hosting account
3) Give all permission as per readme file
4) Got the installer page, Fill all information
5) Create database on godaddy and give hostname, username, password and when click on "Install Open Conference System" I got followin erro

Fatal error: Call to a member function getChildren() on a non-object in /home/......./EMOC/classes/db/DBDataXMLParser.inc.php on line 56

Please help - how to resolve it.

Thanks
Shadab
shadab

Re: Open Conference Systems 2.0 - Installation issue

Postby asmecher » Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Shadab,

Try turning on the "debug" option in your config.inc.php -- but OTOH, I suspect an XML file was missed when you FTP'd the software up to your host.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby shadab » Thu May 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks Alec, Issue was FTP - missed some files.
Is there any good doc available to know the strenghts of Site Administrator, Conference Manager and Simple User.
How an author upload there paper work..

Plz let me know
thanks
Shadab
shadab

Postby asmecher » Thu May 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi Shadab,

The best resources is probably the "OCS In An Hour" document; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation. There's also context-sensitive online help; click the "Help" button anywhere in OCS to see that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development