OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal error

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Fatal error

Postby xmu_chen » Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 pm

hi, dear sir,

when i harvest a repository metadata, i meet the following error :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 529714 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/plugins/harvesters/oai/OAIXMLHandler.inc.php on line 313

it seems the memory_limit is too small in php.ini, so i set memory_limit = 160M (full memory is 1G)

but when i harvester it again, i meet the following error;
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/cache/fc-schema-map.php on line 1
or
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 902

it seems the memory_limit is 32M, but i had set memory_limit = 160M.

what is wrong with me? is there any other parameters to set?

thanks!
xmu_chen

Re: Fatal error

Postby xmu_chen » Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm

the error had been modified yesterday, the solved method is custom the php.ini at two directories which are /etc/php5/apache2/ and /etc/php5/cli/, by setting memory_limit=160M.

but now i meet a new Fatal error, just following
Warning: require_once(cache/CacheManager.inc.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /var/www/harvester/includes/functions.inc.php on line 23
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'cache/CacheManager.inc.php' (include_path='.:/var/www/harvester/includes:/var/www/harvester/classes:/var/www/harvester/pages:/var/www/harvester/lib:/var/www/harvester/lib/smarty:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/harvester/includes/functions.inc.php on line 23

what shuld i do?

if anybody can help me?
xmu_chen

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development