OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal error

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Fatal error

Postby xmu_chen » Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 pm

hi, dear sir,

when i harvest a repository metadata, i meet the following error :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 529714 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/plugins/harvesters/oai/OAIXMLHandler.inc.php on line 313

it seems the memory_limit is too small in php.ini, so i set memory_limit = 160M (full memory is 1G)

but when i harvester it again, i meet the following error;
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/cache/fc-schema-map.php on line 1
or
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /var/www/harvester/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 902

it seems the memory_limit is 32M, but i had set memory_limit = 160M.

what is wrong with me? is there any other parameters to set?

thanks!
xmu_chen

Re: Fatal error

Postby xmu_chen » Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm

the error had been modified yesterday, the solved method is custom the php.ini at two directories which are /etc/php5/apache2/ and /etc/php5/cli/, by setting memory_limit=160M.

but now i meet a new Fatal error, just following
Warning: require_once(cache/CacheManager.inc.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /var/www/harvester/includes/functions.inc.php on line 23
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'cache/CacheManager.inc.php' (include_path='.:/var/www/harvester/includes:/var/www/harvester/classes:/var/www/harvester/pages:/var/www/harvester/lib:/var/www/harvester/lib/smarty:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/harvester/includes/functions.inc.php on line 23

what shuld i do?

if anybody can help me?
xmu_chen

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development