OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is it possible to welcome the subscriber by showing the IP A

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Is it possible to welcome the subscriber by showing the IP A

Postby rke4me » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:18 am

For a subscription based journal (both login and IP Address based) :

Is it possible to display the IP Address to the subscribers at the time of visit ?

In other word:

When a IP Address based subscribers visit the journal, is it possible to welcome the subscriber by showing the IP Address ? for example

Welcome Univerity of ABC (IP: 163.222.96.10
rke4me

Re: Is it possible to welcome the subscriber by showing the IP A

Postby michael » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:48 am

Hi rke4me,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added an entry for it in bugzilla for inclusion in a future version of OJS. Feel free to add yourself as a CC on the entry if you'd like to follow its progress or add any other relevant details: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3396

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OJS Development