OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Users across journals

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Users across journals

Postby rthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:27 pm

I'm a sysadmin, new to OJS, and I think I'm missing something obvious. I'm setting up OJS for faculty here and want to assign a faculty member the journal manager role to two journals.

I can figure out how to do that for one journal by creating the account for the faculty member, but I don't see how I can set him up for the second as I can't find an interface for enrolling or assigning roles to existing users who aren't enrolled...only creating.

When I go to the second journal to add the user, the only user I can see is the ojs admin account -- the one I'm logged in with. How can I assign the accounts I created in the other journal?
rthomas

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:00 pm

As the journal manager, select People Management > [The Role] > Enroll Existing User
kevin

thanks & minor suggestion

Postby rthomas » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:12 am

Ah, thanks for the help.

Here's one of those "it would be nice if" suggestions: You might consider getting the ENROLL EXISTING USER link into the "All Users" interface...even if it results in a page indicating you have to select a role first. It'd be nice if you could assign the role while selecting the existing user to enroll.
rthomas

Removing user no longer in any journals?

Postby rthomas » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:28 am

So, is there an interface to remove a user from the system entirely? I can delete the user records from the users table, but am wondering if there are any related records that should also be deleted.
rthomas

Postby kevin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:36 pm

Users cannot be deleted from the system. Due to the number of interrelationships a user record can have (articles, assignments, etc.) this was deemed impractical.

The "unenroll" (unenroll user from all roles in the journal) and "disable" (prevent the user from logging in) functions can be used to essentially remove a user from the system (for all but accounting purposes).
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion