OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Controlling the Display of Identifier Field Data

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Controlling the Display of Identifier Field Data

Postby pennington » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:33 am

First of all, I have to say that I love Harvester2, and it is obviously very high quality software. The code is very clean and elegant, and my hat is off to all of the developers. I tried several different software packages looking for an OAI-PMH harvester that would really perform and be stable, and Harvester2 is working out very well.

I have a item display question, one that I can see several different possible ways to answer, but I'm wondering what other users or the developers might recommend as the best way to proceed.

I'm harvesting from 3 different DC sources, and 2 of those sources do not provide valid dc:identifier data. Basically, the dc:identifier data from those 2 sources could be used as a unique identifier, but it does not provide a valid URL that can be clicked to view the original object. However, Harvester2 appears to show all harvested objects with an identifier as a hyperlink, whether or not that object's identifier record can be clicked.

What is the best way to turn off the hyperlink of identifier for those 2 DC sources, selectively?

Or should I just turn off the hyperlink in the smarty code for all DC sources? (We don't really need it.)

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Stacy
pennington

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development