OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

user deletion

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

user deletion

Postby cagatay » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:08 am

Hello there,

We have configured the site and it is running smooth so far. I thank you for all your support so far!

My question is twofold:

1. since there is no user validation, anyone can register and start submitting manuscripts. Is there any way we can approve the registrations before they can enter to the site ?

2. If we decide someone not to enter the site, we would like to remove his or her record all together from the site. how can we do this ? I only can disable them but their registration still remains in the system?

Thx
cagatay

Re: user deletion

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Catagay,

If you take a look at Journal Setup Step 4.1, you'll see the options for controlling how users register on your site. You can limit registration to the reader-level only, and further register readers as authors and/or reviewers at your discretion; I would suggest putting some sort of notice to that effect on your main page (which you can do from Journal Setup Step 5).

As a side note, OJS 2.2 includes CAPTCHA support for user registration and comments.

As per question 2, that is more or less correct. You can view the following thread for more information on deleting users:

viewtopic.php?p=5109#5109

Further discussion on merging instead of deleting users can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1970

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support