OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS Conference Proceedings

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS Conference Proceedings

Postby jwgill » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:14 am

Quite frankly I need some help.

I want to give those who submitted an abstact to our conference to opportunity to either resubmit a revised abstract and/or submit a complete paper for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Our conference was in December of 2007 and with the new calendar year all the 2007 dates used in setup have changed to 2008.

I need help (I believe) in altering the OCS setup to allow abstract resubmission and/or paper submission and then some advice on the archiving process that turns all that into the conference proceedings.

Thanks

John
jwgill

Re: OCS Conference Proceedings

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi John,

This is an interesting situation. It may be that the most expedient thing would be to have the authors email the director/track director the final abstracts and/or papers, who can then upload them for presentation and archiving. This issue has been discussed previously here for inclusion in the next OCS release:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2675

If you have any comments you'd like to add, please feel free to do so either in that thread, or here. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion