You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Uploading images for ads

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Uploading images for ads

Postby jelkimantis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am

I'm working on a plugin to support our rolling banner ads for the journal, but I can't see where the API supports uploading of files for use in a plug-in. I want to be able to upload and delete images so that this plugin will automatically display those images in a one of three places on any given page. Any ideas? If something like this already exists, I will be happy to work with it.

As a side-note, the current ads plugin does not work for our purposes.

Re: Uploading images for ads

Postby springday » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 am

Hi jelkimantis,

you could look at how file uploads are handled in the journal management forms. Step 5 of the journal setup has a lot of file upload parts. You'll find that in /classes/manager/form/setup/JournalSetupStep5Form.inc.php and the associated template in /templates/manager/setup/step5.tpl.
There's an "uploadImage"-function in this JournalSetupStep5Form.inc.php that you might utilize for your needs.

Kai Weber

Return to OJS Development