OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Volume, issue in Article Report

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Volume, issue in Article Report

Postby jayfitzsimmons » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:33 am

I have a request for an added feature in upcoming versions of OJS: including more metadata in the Articles Report available to Journal Managers.

At present the Articles Report shows most metadata associated with articles including authors' information, title, and what section of the journal the article was part of. But it does not list some additional information that would be very helpful for Journal Managers including:
    Volume
    Issue
    Page numbers
    Year
    Keywords

We produce an annual Index of the authors and keywords of articles published in the year's issues. Having a report spit out that information would save us a lot of time constructing that index (we do it manually right now - pain in the butt). If there is a way for us to get these metadata information for a volume other than the Article Report, please let me know (in easy-to-follow terms - I'm still not very tech-savvy). And if my suggestion could be included as a BugZilla enhancement for future OJS versions I'd appreciate it.

Furthermore, if any OJS users have tips on how they compile an index I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
Jay
The Canadian Field-Naturalist
http://www.canadianfieldnaturalist.ca/i ... /cfn/index
jayfitzsimmons

Return to OJS Development